• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Talk Me Out Of A Tavor 7...

COBrien

Updating this thread a bit...

I got my LaRue C.A.N. mount in last week, and promptly mounted up my Leupold VX-HOG. I think it'll be a decent combination, at least for the time being.

IMG_6232.jpg

Edited by COBrien
Adding photos...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quick update...

I couldn't get the alignment squared away with the Griffin 30SD on the OEM Tavor brake. So on went a Griffin 30SD Flash Comp, and it's perfect.

I took the rifle out to a buddy's house yesterday morning to run some rounds through it and break in my 30SD. She ran like a champ on Federal XM80. Turned the gas block over to "Suppressed," and she ran great, with very little gas in the face. What there was was absolutely tolerable.

This thing sounds like a nail gun with the can on! After about 5 rounds with the can, my buddy (who was standing right next to me and has never fired anything suppressed) taps me on the shoulder and says, "Take your ears off! This is the sh­­­*t!"

No pics -- I was having too much fun and quickly ran out of time. Had to go get the kids from Nana's house. Back to reality!

HMM,  another 30 cal, hmm.  O snap,  I went to gunpime.com and had one in my basket,  $1931.00,  "er no thanks".  I hate these help me deny my wants and deal with mama posts,  because I want one too and gotta deal with mama.  I don't have children,  maybe those radar towers between my legs cooked my nuggets.  You fathers do have a tougher job.  So I see it's on it's way Mr. @COBrien congrats on the rifle.  Good luck on the snip.

17 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Now SBR it!!!

Nah, I'm gonna enjoy it the way it is. 'Sides, I can't take too much off it without sacrificing the ability to remove the can and use it on other rifles...

@RedRiverII I appreciate it! With this thread, I was really just trying to bait @98Z5V into expressing one of his Rube Goldberg-esque plans to convince Mama I needed a T7. At the end of the day, I just bought the d@mn thing. She'll find out or figure it out eventually, and that's just fine by me.

Edited by COBrien

12 hours ago, COBrien said:

Nah, I'm gonna enjoy it the way it is. 'Sides, I can't take too much off it without sacrificing the ability to remove the can and use it on other rifles...

@RedRiverII I appreciate it! With this thread, I was really just trying to bait @98Z5V into expressing one of his Rube Goldberg-esque plans to convince Mama I needed a T7. At the end of the day, I just bought the d@mn thing. She'll find out or figure it out eventually, and that's just fine by me.

Did you ever hatch the plan for that .22lr rifle?...:lmao:

I see COBrien,  for the most part it's all for a quick laugh for me as well.  My Mrs. was raised in a fear based childhood,  so when she feels in charge it does her well.  In my case I married a bookkeeper.  There is no wiggle room when the bills come in,  "numbers don't lie"  she told me in the beginning of our relationship.  The buy and lie approach doesn't fit my style either.  I wish you the best of luck.  I wonder if you intend on posting a range report?

"I sold my DPMS [which isn't untrue -- it's down at the gun shop on consignment now...], and Jacoby (my jeweler/gun dealer) had this one laying around. He made me a hell of a deal -- only $200 more than what I got for the DPMS."

My greatest fear is that I will die suddenly and unexpectedly and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

1 minute ago, Radioactive said:

Why not?

Just had surgery this morning on torn rotator cuff,  torn tendons from front deltoid to bicep belly, torn tendons from shoulder to pec,  & torn tendons from elbow to bicep. Other than that,  I got no real excuse lol. I cleaned & got the gun ready to go last night, with all weight rearward,  I know I can fire it one handed. Once the pain subsidies in a week or so, I'm gonna try like he'll to squeeze off a few rounds.....I hope

21 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Just had surgery this morning on torn rotator cuff,  torn tendons from front deltoid to bicep belly, torn tendons from shoulder to pec,  & torn tendons from elbow to bicep. Other than that,  I got no real excuse lol. I cleaned & got the gun ready to go last night, with all weight rearward,  I know I can fire it one handed. Once the pain subsidies in a week or so, I'm gonna try like he'll to squeeze off a few rounds.....I hope

Gotcha - been there, took forever and 2 surgeries to fix it. Follow drs orders the tavor will be there when you feel better.

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Get well soon brother had one replaced and one laced up. Replacement was an easier rehab.

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Ouch

Well my trigger finger( yes it's an actual medical condition) doesn't seem so bad plus it's not my actual trigger finger.

2 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

DAMN, brother!!!   That sounds like one of my motocross wrecks...   :laffs: Get better, and follow what the Doc tell ya!  :bitchslap:

32 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Ouch

Well my trigger finger( yes it's an actual medical condition) doesn't seem so bad plus it's not my actual trigger finger.

Ah. Former coworker had “trigger finger” and at times he couldn’t straighten it at all. Seemed like a real pain in the ass.

Oh well. That guy was a dick anyway.