• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Talk Me Out Of A Tavor 7...

COBrien

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, skip the snip?  

I gotta get in line for one of those. They could tie up the wife while they’re in there fetching the runt, but she says no thanks. It’s up to me if we’re gonna avoid this again. 

33 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Susan worked with a lady that had her tubes tied when she had her 3rd son.  Her husband had himself snipped as well.  A couple of years later, she ended up pregnant by her husband with their 4th son.  Both surgeries had reversed themselves.

Thanks for buzz kill Debbie downer. 

46 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I've told y'all repeatedly that I got snipped after kid #1 and that didn't do a thing except make the rest of my kids black.

:laffs::lmao::thumbup:

That might be the most epic response to a "bait" that I've ever, ever seen here... :banana:

With your response, you just radically shifted the direction of this thread, in the most "FUK YOU!" manner that I've ever witnessed... 

LegendaryThread.thumb.jpg.77185a2a6a9234274bee9dd5babccc22.jpg

Don't buy the Tavor.  

Enough of that crap,  you didn't really come here for that kind of backup.  Why should we be the only ones being chastised for buying what we want and not necessarily what we need.  Are you able to build one of them?  

Need is a particular desire on the part of the individual.  A solitary demand based on desire.  Once we go down that road of "why do you need that?",  we've moved into the public discourse of justifying our thoughts,  feelings,  and reasons.  A slippery slope at best,  and some solid ground for denying the request.  $1900 is a big number and may be a challenge or not.  I don't know the answer.  

I want,  on the other hand is hard to argue with.  It simply opens the playing field for how to get it,  what's the plan,  how are you going to accomplish that?  I want presupposes you are going to get it.  In a way,  you already own it,  you just gotta figure out how to gather your forces and complete the deal.  Talk you out of it?  Not here, and not by me.  If you are legal and of sound mind you ought to be able to own it.  It might take some time but it is going to happen.

Don't be needy.  I waited ten years one time to take action on a want of mine.  I did accomplish it,  and it was a terrific feeling being able to stand on my own two feet and taking what I wanted.

I don’t need or want the snip...I may never get laid again without it though.  Where does that leave that decision?  I guess I do both need AND want it?

.....what were we talking about again?

oh yeah. You say it’s FDE?  Congrats on the purchase.  

17 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

A friend of mine had the snip-snip done. Around nine months late they had what they've called their miracle baby. He's a good kid. About 30 years old now.

Yup, same here! Josh (several here have met him) is our miracle baby. It was about 2 years after my snip when my wife became pregnant. When she had him she got snipped and I guess that one took, no more kids!😁

Damn. I walk away from this thread for a day and you fvckers just can’t resist talking about each other’s balls. 😂😂

I went through with the clip and snip. The Rx for Valium the doc gave me (to take 45 minutes before the procedure) may have had something to do with my decision-making on the Tavor. 

Or, at least, that’ll be one excuse I use...

SWMBO and I decided after our first was born that we were done at 2 kids. Well, the little man came last June and that was that. 

So far, the experience hasn’t been bad. I’m at the point where every move I make feels like someone pinching my incisions. Eesh. 

12 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

Don't buy the Tavor.  

Enough of that crap,  you didn't really come here for that kind of backup.  Why should we be the only ones being chastised for buying what we want and not necessarily what we need.  Are you able to build one of them?  

Need is a particular desire on the part of the individual.  A solitary demand based on desire.  Once we go down that road of "why do you need that?",  we've moved into the public discourse of justifying our thoughts,  feelings,  and reasons.  A slippery slope at best,  and some solid ground for denying the request.  $1900 is a big number and may be a challenge or not.  I don't know the answer.  

I want,  on the other hand is hard to argue with.  It simply opens the playing field for how to get it,  what's the plan,  how are you going to accomplish that?  I want presupposes you are going to get it.  In a way,  you already own it,  you just gotta figure out how to gather your forces and complete the deal.  Talk you out of it?  Not here, and not by me.  If you are legal and of sound mind you ought to be able to own it.  It might take some time but it is going to happen.

Don't be needy.  I waited ten years one time to take action on a want of mine.  I did accomplish it,  and it was a terrific feeling being able to stand on my own two feet and taking what I wanted.

So I'm late to the post. Nothing unusual there. But the man is right. Nothing else needed! :thumbup:

Also, in case you didn't notice, this rifle is OD green. Apparently, according to my dealer, it was the onliest one in the U.S. that was available. Since I don't hate OD green (my Dissipator wears ODG furniture...), I went ahead and took it. It's already growing on me.

I threw on some plain ol' MBUS I had lying around (yes, at my office), and it'll get my old Leupold VX-HOG (as soon as Mark LaRue sends me my C.A.N. mount...) for the time being. Thinking a 4x ACOG might be just the ticket for this rifle.

I also like the look of the Leupold D-EVO, but I don't know that I'm willing to be the guinea pig on that setup. It looks like it's a solid idea, but in practice it could either be awesome or complete sh¡t -- it seems to me there is no in-between. That's a lot of money to spend on a "hell, let's try it!"

Another not-so-great pic...

However, good news: The OEM Tavor brake is compatible with the Griffin 30SD. Checked it with an alignment rod, and that wasn’t too great. But it does have a jam nut on it. 

I’ll see if some Accu-Washers will straighten that out. If not, a Griffin Flash Comp should work well. 

E0CFD7E0-C246-4357-88F8-6F117764C909.jpeg

Edited by COBrien