• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glock headed to mill

Radioactive

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

That was my second choice for optic and may be my next if I convert others over

Once you try this out, and get used to shooting it  - you'll convert others over.  I just have that feeling...    :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

My wife has a Burris red dot on a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm for competing in Carry Optics Division in USPSA. Right now all we have done with it is sight it in and ring a little steel at the range but she likes it and I think it's a pretty good platform. I can definitely see the the little slide mounted red dots becoming more mainstream on carry guns in the near future.

I shot Open Division in USPSA using a frame mounted C More red dot for a couple of years and that sight was FAST to pick up on the draw!

Those frame mounted ones didn’t get quite the beating the current slide mounting gets and I was really surprised how small the rmr was. Didn’t remember them being that tiny.

Now I’m looking for an inexpensive one to go on my sw22 so I can get in some cheap rim fire practice. This won’t be slide mounted so cheap one should last ok

California was not fond of them. Sometimes you have to give up a good thing to keep from being a felon.  I’ll have to find someone who can do a nice laser job on a gen 3 frame so I can put the parts back together on a legal version. What’s the difference?  I don’t know, but I guess people feel safer if I have the exact same thing in a different package. Another case of making bad guys out of non-bad guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

41FDFDE0-D154-4119-906C-4352E7D50AEE.thumb.jpeg.e260bf4b69487a7b32c9c95fe82a19f6.jpegI know I’m late to the thread, but what can I say, it’s already well established I suck haha. Anyway, this is a setup I’ve been running since about summer of last year. I was skeptical of the Holosun at first, but it’s held up really well to the beating. I intentionally took it to AZ last fall for the shoot, and just threw it around the desert. No problems what so ever.

With all that said, I still can’t decide how I feel about pistol red dots. Are they fun to shoot, for sure. Are they quick for practical shooting drills, absolutely. Do I like it more than standard irons, I honestly don’t think I do. Something about the way I run sidearms, I have to actually make a conscious effort to present it the correct way to see the dot. It’s easy to do, especially practicing drawing a few times, but honestly I just prefer irons.

I’m still trying to get used to the red dot. I intentionally left the iron sights off till I got the hang of it but to be honest I haven’t put in the time to get consistent. I have a renewed vow to do it so we will see how it goes. I don’t carry my red dot yet still with iron sights for now

23 hours ago, DayWalker said:

but honestly I just prefer irons.

I'm with you there! I built a 38 Super Open gun for USPSA and shot that division for a couple of years. Loved the speed that gun was capable of and it really improved my Limited Division skills but I just wasn't into the red dot sights. I went back to my iron sighted STI in Limited and traded the open gun off. It was fun for a while!😁