• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I think I’m gonna build a 9mm rifle....

DNP

3 hours ago, DNP said:

PSA???  Now you’re just trying to make sure we have issues to work out. 

Like I said, I've got two of them and they both work great. I haven't heard of any problems with their pistol caliber lowers.

Edited by 392heminut

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, DNP said:

I picture a PSA CMMG bought at CT...(I won’t even finish their name) as being the absolute unicorn of schitstorms. 

I just wanted to highlight this little gem of a zinger. In case anybody glossed over it when he said it.

Too Fukin funny right there. Dirk has to be the king of "rolling hand grenades into the room" and casually walking on.

Glad it landed somewhere. 

I’m having a lot of stupid thoughts surrounding this build. Gonna wait for the main parts to roll in so I can mock a few things up before I go crazy though. I already ordered the Aero trigger recommended by 98, but I’m thinking this might be a good spot for the Super 3 gun. (Which will be more worthwhile when in free states that allow a full magazine). Debating on making this a featureless build to keep the more functional mag changes available, but I’m probably going to run the Hellfighter at first until final decisions are made. That will mean pinning the adjustable stock and running one of those dumbass fins. It’s already got a barrel without a flash hider and I promise not to attach a grenade launcher. So, I’m part way there to an acceptable CA featureless build.  

Edited by DNP

44 minutes ago, DNP said:

You guys with the blowback rigs already, got a charging handle preference?  Is something like a gas buster worth having on there, or haven’t noticed any crap coming through?

I’ve never noticed gas coming back so a gas buster isn’t necessary in my opinion. If you’re gonna run it supressed, maybe, but even then I doubt it would be an issue. I’ve got a Radian Raptor on mine, you can never go wrong with that on any rig as far as I’m concerned. Mine doesn’t have last round hold open, so I definitely wanted a large ambi charging handle. From what I hear, very few of the PCC lowers actually have last round hold open. Even the ones that say they do, usually don’t work worth a damn. 

In fact on that thought, don’t waste your time with an oversized bolt release. I put a Seekins oversized release on mine, and hardly ever use it. At first I used to lock the bolt when I changed mags, but now I run I prefer to just download the mag a round or two. Slam the mag and rack it in. You shouldn’t really have that issue anyway since you’re limited to 10 round mags, but here on the free side of the border it helps with the 33 rounders 😁

Thanks for the input. Yeah, this JP I’m getting is supposed to be LRBHO (last round bolt hold open...they found a way to throw a bunch more letters in there). We’ll see how it does. In hindsight, with the Hellfighter CA compliance option I really don’t want that hold open anyways because I will have to close the bolt to separate the upper/lower to change the mags. If I go featureless, I don’t have to worry about that. 

I've never noticed any gas blowback with mine either. I really don't think it would be an issue though. In a blowback system the pressure has to drop enough for the empty casing to release from the chamber walls in order for the action to start cycling. My thought is that by then a lot of the gas pressure has already subsided.

But then, what do I know?:laffs:

Edited by 392heminut

I had read on the colts and a few other 9’s that the giant deflectors they have were less for kicking out the round and more for eliminating gas back in the shooter’s face. 

Edited by DNP

Gas isn't a problem, at all, on the blowbacks.  There's no gas tube feeding it backwards, into the action.  All that shiit goes straight out the end of the barrel.  Extended-latch charging handles do make these things easier to run, overall, though.  Since BCM started making their own, I ditched their new design, and don't buy anymore of them.  VLTOR still make the original BCM version though.  My go-to charging handle these days is the Strike Industries extended.  The things have been great so far. Once in awhile, I intentionally buy a standard CH and swap the PRI Combat Latch into it.  That's a real winner, right there.  :thumbup:  I love that combo...   :hail:

ThumbnailHandler.ashx?MediaID=46472&size

16 minutes ago, DNP said:

He’s a keeper. He offers the warranty.

Yeah he is.  As much as I hate to admit it, he's a good fucker.  Can't believe that he's clan of Ron...   :lmao:

Come to think of it - Kate is badass, too.  :hail:   So, in that...  WTF is wrong with Ron?...   :popcorn:

And, how long is it gonna take for him to find this hidden gem...   :banana:

Not saying I’ll cheat, but not saying I won’t. 

when he gets home from bunko with the old ladies from church, I’m sure he’ll see it. Btw, it’s Sunday where he is....so I have 23 hours til the end of the night. 

Edited by DNP