• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I think I’m gonna build a 9mm rifle....

DNP

On 6/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, DNP said:

Damn. Spend a bunch of money and then Primary Arms puts up a good deal on a Foxtrot Mikes upper. Like 369 for complete upper with BCG like @DayWalker mentioned. Well crap. 

I just succumbed to the temptation. I  avoided this sale for 4 days, but the damn thing kept calling me.  You didn't even put a link to it.

I showed it to Susan and saw d I had been thinking of an AR in 9mm.  She said "You might as well get all of the them", meaning varieties of AR15s.  I don't think she understood what that meant.  I give no intention of attempting that.

I hope this works with a binary trigger.  I guess I'll find out.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I showed it to Susan and saw d I had been thinking of an AR in 9mm.  She said "You might as well get all of the them", meaning varieties of AR15s.  I don't think she understood what that meant.  I give no intention of attempting that.

You were just gifted the Ultimate Kitchen Pass, brother, BY FAR!!!    :hail:

It's time.  To run with scissors.   :banana:

Giggidy giggidy. Barrel, upper, BCG and SCS showed up today. Forgot the barrel at my office. I’m waiting on a billion other parts still. KNS pins and DSG trigger guard showed up last week. Giggidy. 

49D07E31-A2DB-4D70-9315-A4D063A5F438.jpeg

21 minutes ago, DNP said:

Giggidy giggidy. Barrel, upper, BCG and SCS showed up today. Forgot the barrel at my office. I’m waiting on a billion other parts still. KNS pins and DSG trigger guard showed up last week. Giggidy. 

49D07E31-A2DB-4D70-9315-A4D063A5F438.jpeg

:thumbup: I’m jealous dude, been since last year that I had a nice pile o gun parts show up like that. I think you’ll have fun with that PCC, something about those silly things are just fun. I definitely put more cash into mine than I should have, but it’s fun to play with.

I was looking just a few mins ago at some Odin parts, for my mandatory 6mm ARC build that some fukers are forcing me to make. Let me know what you think about the Odin stuff you got. 

Edited by DayWalker

20 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

"But baby, you said ..." has gotten me out of a lot of hot water. It was still fukking warm water, but at least it wasn't boiling anymore. :banana:

19 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

:laffs::lmao: I remember those days, when I had to play that game, too...  Well played...   :thumbup:

I'm glad I don't have to play those games.  I showed Susan the thread so that she could laugh as well.  My upper shows up tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

My upper shows up tomorrow.

I think you’ll be happy with that upper Doc. The Foxtrot Mike uppers aren’t anything too fancy, but they’re certainly solid for the price. Mines held up quite good so far, and I haven’t been dainty with it at all. I’ve even carried it around in a small bag a few times, when I feel like taking something heavier than a sidearm somewhere. 

Also, I’m glad your wallet didn’t make it thru the Primary Arms sale unscathed since you were the first to invoke “the rule” on me haha. :banana:

758CD581-376A-4080-BDDB-3BACB8D0AE80.thumb.jpeg.2969abb69de476b2a47948bb302a96dd.jpegC04A0DDD-47D8-48E3-A035-0319F671390D.thumb.jpeg.b6af65f364728f51ca4f35bc64bd82f0.jpegSo no one can hit me with the ole pictures or it’s not real bit. Also I’ve got some additional mags stuffed in the side pockets, so about 100 rounds or so. Can’t tell what it is from the outside, just looks like a Tactical over the shoulder bag. 

I truly appreciate that offer sir, but I’ll see how she does on the Aero. Being that I’m building a standard AR lower, if I don’t like it for the 9mm it just goes to another gun. I didn’t realize how many lowers I had stashed away. I think I found 4 in the safe. I re-watch Bill’s video on selecting which of his triggers is right for you and the Super Dynamic 3 gun sounds perfect for a PCC build. Less of an “accuracy” trigger and more about speed and reset. The flat trigger gives the feel of about a pound less...so it will feel like a 2.5lb trigger with a really short reset. That’s the main thing that makes me want to try one on it. I absolutely love the SSA-E I threw into my dad’s rifle. As I type this, I was thinking to say I haven’t put much time behind the DMR because to be honest, a heavy 24” barreled 5.56 isn’t really all that much fun....which was a fucked up thought, because I just realized that I should build an entirely different upper for that lower too in a more accuracy based caliber. But where that thought was stemming from was to say I’ve been really pleased with the G triggers and there’s already enough in this build for another $240 in a trigger. Don’t think there’s any sales coming anytime soon. The trigger ain’t bad compared to the furniture I’m considering. I’ve ordered enough to dress her up, but I have something stupidly expensive and maybe a little impractical messing with my head right now. 

The personal accountant caught my transfers to the credit card last week. Then caught me again red handed with my CC in my lap as I finished ordering parts this weekend. Having just given birth, I think she would get off with a slap on the wrist if she killed me right now. It makes considering spending another $800-$1000 on a trigger and furniture a tough call. 

Also thinking I built the wrong gun to celebrate the new son. Doc Thomas might just need a Tommy gun added to the collection - though that may have to wait until grandpa moves to a free state. He’s looking to get out. Probably going to wind up in AZ, but maybe NV.  

18 hours ago, DNP said:

Also thinking I built the wrong gun to celebrate the new son. Doc Thomas might just need a Tommy gun added to the collection - though that may have to wait until grandpa moves to a free state. He’s looking to get out. Probably going to wind up in AZ, but maybe NV.  

Wow!!!  Serious?!  For HIM to leave CA, that's a huge step!  Never would have thought that it was even a consideration, for him.  He is completely set, with everything, right where he is, and that is one gorgeous chunk of terrain he has.

He’s been traveling around for the last several years exploring areas he might want to shop. They had a beautiful spot in Utah, but the access was a forestry road that is closed for several months during winter and the only in and out is via snowmobile. Not exactly a good retirement spot for an “older” couple. I say “older” because they’re practically kids compared to some of you on this site. He talks a lot about leaving, but we’ll see. He wanted to retire at 60 which was a couple years ago now. 

I’m here waiting on parts. Shitty pic, but a few pieces are in. 

2AF247F1-93DE-4136-891C-7F0EE9636B24.jpeg

I’ve got an older Strike LPK. Waiting on the trigger and buffer tube to come in before I put the lower together. 

the Taccom barrel comes with an upper guide that is supposed to help with the feed. It protrudes into the upper and is removable. They’ll modify my bolt to clear it for free, just gotta ship it to them. I’m going to run it without that piece and see how it goes. I’ll get a picture of it up when I start assembly.