I think I’m gonna build a 9mm rifle....

DNP

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice. I’m torn. I really want to do something different now, but it’s so much different I almost want to build a separate rifle and only use the JP stuff from this one in the new one. I’m torn.  My wife is gonna be pissed. I’ll have to order parts a little slower than I did with this run. 

21 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Ain't it amazing how it can "snowball" out of control so quickly?

Yeah...I’m not gonna say too much about this one. It might not happen, but I have reached out to a friend in the industry to ask for a little help with something special. 

Edited by DNP

Nope - I’m not asking for anything more than a 338 from that one. And maybe more when he’s fully up and running. Somebody a little closer. They used to be really close, in fact we rented the back half of our office to him...but they outgrew that rapidly and bought their own place down the road. 

It goes bang!  Bang bang click. Had 1 failure to feed in the first mag and 3-4 in the second run. I think it’ll break in eventually. This is definitely gonna be a fun gun. Sure wish I could run 30 round mags though...the fun is over way to quick with 10. 

19 hours ago, DNP said:

Sights are in the works. I mentioned earlier in the thread she’ll be @MikedaddyH style for a little bit (sans sights). The parts I’m going to order to change up everything else are gonna take a few weeks. Maybe more for one in particular.  So for now, I just want it to go Bang. Bang. Bang. 

Dirk I got the sight for my PCC yesterday. First time I have bought a part for this project since last year. Next up U.R. and rail.

4 hours ago, DNP said:

It goes bang!  Bang bang click. Had 1 failure to feed in the first mag and 3-4 in the second run. I think it’ll break in eventually. This is definitely gonna be a fun gun. Sure wish I could run 30 round mags though...the fun is over way to quick with 10. 

What's your buffer weight again, brother?  9mm's need some weight, I found that out after years.

I’ll have to look what the weight is. I went with the 2 tungsten 3 steel one. It’s kinda middle of the road. They have one that is 5 tungsten. This one has the short stroke spacer at the end. That may or may not be part of the issue. I need to run a bunch through it and try a few different ammos probably. Today I was shooting the aluminum cased 115gr rounds I got from Matt a couple years back. 

5AC82DFE-C650-47EE-9F5C-9B0FF5AA80A2.jpeg

It's WAY shorter for me, Ron, by far -  and I need to come see you guys anyway, Dirk.  I wanna meet Doc something fierce...  plus see the "older brothers" now.  They have to love this shiit, as "older brothers"... :banana:

Yo, 98! I had a cat that was given to me because he was born on the same day my son was born. The cat was the runt of the litter, and supposedly was sired by a wildcat (yes, the long eared tufted variety) and a mostly-siamese momma cat. He grew into a 27 pound tomcat. He hated every animal that walked, crawled, or flew into his domain.  But, God knows why, he loved every human he came into contact with. Lots of fun stories about him and the 120 pound german shepherd I had, but of the two of them, I miss the cat most.

Well, sight problem is solved!  Some bad-ass from Wa with a killer 308 tattoo

( @sketch)

sent me something really nice. I’m still blown away by the kindness and can’t thank him enough.  

I’ll be happy to have that sitting on top of the rifle and reminding me of you man. Thank you. 

6D4CF236-2B48-4EA5-8282-D217C2F8C857.jpeg

5 hours ago, DNP said:

Well, sight problem is solved!  Some bad-ass from Wa with a killer 308 tattoo

Nice! Those are solid little Red Dots from my experience. I have one on my AR9, its performed well and survived being bounced around. I like the shake awake feature, can just leave it on and don't have to worry about draining the battery, granted the battery is rated for 50,000 hours or something crazy.