• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Radical Firearms won't feed right out the box.

Justinsv123

Tried different ammo different grains. Different mags including factory. Took it apart cleaned it lightly oiled it. Aligned the gas rings. Same thing. Itll rack the left side every other time but pulling from the right side of the mag it jams everytime. The bolt slides over the top of the brass and gets the round jammed up against the ramp or it doesnt even catch the round at all and just scratches it a bit. Anyone have the same issue before?

Anyone have any experience with radical firearms? If I'm gonna be with out the gun for month or get it back with issues. I'll just sell it and get somthing else. 

Welcome to the forum.  

Is this a factory built rifle or one that was put together from parts?  If factory, can you post a link?  If assembled, please post a detailed list of parts.  Either way, can you post a picture of the malfunction?

I will say to begin with, that large frame ARs like heavy lube for the break in period.

I know this is apples and oranges, but i have a randical firearms .300 blk. Never once have i had problems. Also my local sherrif deparyment uses radical uppers on their patrol rifles with no issues.

Dont hold it against Radical, they arent the best but they do build affordable rifles that are worth the price.

Many companies have issues with their large frame ARs. 98 can help you figure it out i have no doubt. Or maybe try contacting customer service.

I’m not good with linking other threads, but one was recently started in the builds thread about information that would be helpful for diagnosis. Not having the rifle in our hands, we can only rely on things we’ve seen before and what we’ve been told. Getting some good info about the entire system might help expose a problem causing a problem or an area we weren’t even thinking about. Break down the basics. Buffer tube depth, spring data length number of coils, buffer length and weight. Pictures of the inside of the upper and bolt stop...etc. maybe one of the smart guys can link the water boarding thread for help. 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, ARTrooper said:

I know this is apples and oranges, but i have a randical firearms .300 blk. Never once have i had problems. Also my local sherrif deparyment uses radical uppers on their patrol rifles with no issues.

Dont hold it against Radical, they arent the best but they do build affordable rifles that are worth the price.

Many companies have issues with their large frame ARs. 98 can help you figure it out i have no doubt. Or maybe try contacting customer service.

That's good to hear, I was pretty pissed when it wouldnt cycle right out the box. It doesnt say on they're web site that they in house their bolt carriers so I got a feeling they may have got one that was out of spec. Or the mag release on the lower is to low. Because even if you cycle it by hand the bolt just slides over the round, or digs into it 1/4 the way up the brass and jams it up against the ramp, or ramp might need some work too, but I talked with the shop I got it from, I'm dropping it off tomorrow and he's gonna have his gunsmith go through it. I'll let yall know what it was when I get it back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, Justinsv123 said:

That's good to hear, I was pretty pissed when it wouldnt cycle right out the box. It doesnt say on they're web site that they in house their bolt carriers so I got a feeling they may have got one that was out of spec. Or the mag release on the lower is to low. Because even if you cycle it by hand the bolt just slides over the round, or digs into it 1/4 the way up the brass and jams it up against the ramp, or ramp might need some work too, but I talked with the shop I got it from, I'm dropping it off tomorrow and he's gonna have his gunsmith go through it. I'll let yall know what it was when I get it back.

So Justin, I'm guessing since we haven't heard back? your gunsmith got your gun up and running like hot butter and molasses?? lol, how is it going Bub?

Edited by billymagg

On 6/17/2020 at 10:23 PM, Justinsv123 said:

I would like to hear back on this as well. I have a 300 Blk Radical like ART Trooper and only problem I had was with dirty shooting ammo and a suppressor Combining to clog up the firing pin. I noticed that even your fired cases have a significant dent near the shoulder. Did it turn out to be the buffer/spring? Wondering if Radical Might have pulled a PSA on their buffer system.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for being late to the show on this one. Just wondering if your issue was ever resolved? I too have Radical AR-10  12.5” 308. I sent it back to them with feed issues and they put a different lower on and installed a double ejector bolt assembly. I had an adjustable gas key already installed for suppressor, so they returned it with my bolt carrier. It’s still sensitive to some magazines, but I’ve found that to be true of some of my builds also. 

Take Care and Stay Safe,

Alan in the Amargosa Desert 

Edited by Turfherder

On 1/1/2021 at 1:29 PM, Turfherder said:

Sorry for being late to the show on this one. Just wondering if your issue was ever resolved? I too have Radical AR-10  12.5” 308. I sent it back to them with feed issues and they put a different lower on and installed a double ejector bolt assembly. I had an adjustable gas key already installed for suppressor, so they returned it with my bolt carrier. It’s still sensitive to some magazines, but I’ve found that to be true of some of my builds also. 

Take Care and Stay Safe,

Alan in the Amargosa Desert 

Thanks for your report Turf! I had some similar issues early on with the "dirty little .30f" (I would have never believed I would buy a brown gun, FDE, LOL) that got better when I got a 300 blk pmag, and went away completely with the Lancer 10 round mags.