• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Komodo smoker

Madhouse

On 8/6/2020 at 2:36 PM, DNP said:

I like to have a gas grill too. It helps and is just better for some things. Hot dogs are a waste of time in a smoker. I like the gas for searing as well. 

do you plan or have natural gas at the casa? 

On 8/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, DNP said:

I like to have a gas grill too. It helps and is just better for some things. Hot dogs are a waste of time in a smoker. I like the gas for searing as well. 

I was disappoint with the “seer” When I first got my GMG and questioned giving my gasser away. now that I got Now that I have the grill grates I‘M happy how everything turns out 

https://www.grillgrate.com/shop-grillgrates/standard-grillgrates/pellet-grills/

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sisco said:

Been eating on that thing for three days!

Oh I bet,  had a couple of fillet mignon that I whacked in half because the chicks like it a little more done, I ain't doing that again, tender, but I've always been a medium rare man, lol... just an barrel style grill that burns lots charcoal, I've got a new Weber kettle grill, but haven't broken it in yet??

I'd like to have a smoker, but I'm not that patient anymore, I'd hate to die waiting on something to come out of the smoker??

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

The best part of that arm roast was the giant marrow bone. Nothing better then beef marrow and salt on a cracker! Or garlic toast.

That’s what I figured

ive been getting “semi boneless ribeyes” from my local piggly wiggly, it’s one of the best cuts I’ve had and a 1” thick 1.30# steak is 9$ 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

That’s what I figured

ive been getting “semi boneless ribeyes” from my local piggly wiggly, it’s one of the best cuts I’ve had and a 1” thick 1.30# steak is 9$ 

Just talked to my butcher. Since I got my side of beef in April, demand and price has skyrocketed. I placed another order for a side. Earliest delivery? October 2021. Which is about when I would need it. They are 10 months back ordered. That steak above would cost me $4. $9 is a darn good price for a supermarket. Rib Steaks, also called Kansas City Cut bone in ribeyes, are one of my favorite cuts. Tender and flavorful.

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

Just talked to my butcher. Since I got my side of beef in April, demand and price has skyrocketed. I placed another order for a side. Earliest delivery? October 2021. Which is about when I would need it. They are 10 months back ordered. That steak above would cost me $4. $9 is a darn good price for a supermarket. Rib Steaks, also called Kansas City Cut bone in ribeyes, are one of my favorite cuts. Tender and flavorful.

That’s crazy they’re out that far, but then again it’s not with the times. 

they always have good meat and are running some kinda special