• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS Gen2 Recon testfire

AzRon

I was finally able to get out and test fire my Gen2 Recon on New Years day.   The only thing I changed was the BHO latch so that it would work with the latest generation Magpul mags.    I put a Vortex 1-6x scope on it.      The rifle functioned great and the scope was on right off the bat as I made no adjustments, I was able to hit a 15" plate at 150yds off hand with boring reliability I LIKE this rifle!  The rifle functioned great and locked back every time on an empty mag.

GeKOTBPl.jpg

Edited by AzRon

12 hours ago, AzRon said:

I was finally able to get out and test fire my Gen2 Recon on New Years day.   The only thing I changed was the BHO latch so that it would work with the latest generation Magpul mags.    I put a Vortex 1-6x scope on it.      The rifle functioned great and the scope was on right off the bat as I made no adjustments, I was able to hit a 15" plate at 150yds off hand with boring reliability I LIKE this rifle!  The rifle functioned great and locked back every time on an empty mag.

GeKOTBPl.jpg

AzRon: What type of BHO latch did you use that works with the Magpul mags? What load/ammo were you using?

59 minutes ago, DNP said:

Yours aren’t backwards. Though, I’m easily confused. 

I dunno, but i can see myself goin to grab that charger on a cold mornin and hittin my knuckle on that huge knob. i have all them PEPR mounts on like those. work good for me charging from the right.

6 hours ago, AzRon said:

If i put on the other way i would be looking thru the small end!  🤣

If you put it on the other way, it would be mounted on the upper receiver - and not on the upper receiver for one bolt, and the handguard for the other bolt.  I'm just sayin'...   it's backwards.  The mount.  too easy to turn the scope around.  It works better that way, as designed, and eats recoil better, the way it's designed.  Just my $0.02 on it. 

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If you put it on the other way, it would be mounted on the upper receiver - and not on the upper receiver for one bolt, and the handguard for the other bolt.  I'm just sayin'...   it's backwards.  The mount.  too easy to turn the scope around.  It works better that way, as designed, and eats recoil better, the way it's designed.  Just my $0.02 on it. 

I saw that when you pointed that out i was just funnin ya!