• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

POF AR10 Jam

Coy

Factory rifle? Let’s start with it looks extremely dry. These large frame rifles need some break in due to lots of metal mating together and need to be well lubed to do so. If you could, give us some measurements of the buffer length and weights, spring length and coil count and internal measurements of buffer tube. 

FYI- only Armalite makes AR10 rifles. This matters because they have proprietary parts which will not work in other rifles. You have a POF 308 AR 

My hunting partner had the exact same problem, 3 years ago, with a POF. We sent it back to them for repair as this was totally screwing up our weekends of shooting. It took a while to get it back. About 2 months, but whatever they did fixed the problem. Facts - It didn't matter what grain or type of ammo we put through it. I run all of my AR's wet and that didn't matter either.

They didn't actually tell me what they did, but it started out with shell casings just dribbling out of the ejection port. Now, they eject like clockwork and about four feet, going slightly forward from perpendicular. It would be my recommendation, to send something that looks that new back to them for assessment. Messing around with it, without grinding and polishing, was just frustrating. Especially on a new rifle. About 200 rounds after purchase.  Edge might remember the post I had from a couple of years ago (3). I would ask for a detailed report of the repairs though, Coy. I sent mine back through the shop I bought it from and while they did their part, they are no longer in business.

My opinion, wet will not cure your problem.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

They didn't actually tell me what they did, but it started out with shell casings just dribbling out of the ejection port. Now, they eject like clockwork and about four feet, going slightly forward from perpendicular.

Bet they drilled that gas port diameter UP...   :popcorn:

We had the same issues with a PA AR-15 pistol build recently.  Cases just "dribbled" out if they made it out at all.  Before sending it back I tried a buffer/spring from one that ran well, didn't help at all.  It would fire once or twice then jam, jam, fire once, jam, jam, jam, etc.  Sent it back under warranty and got it back very quickly.  The tech stated in a note with it that the gas block was NOT well lined up with the hole in the barrel.  Now it throws the brass at least 4' and zero issues with it........

2 hours ago, Cliff R said:

We had the same issues with a PA AR-15 pistol build recently.  Cases just "dribbled" out if they made it out at all.  Before sending it back I tried a buffer/spring from one that ran well, didn't help at all.  It would fire once or twice then jam, jam, fire once, jam, jam, jam, etc.  Sent it back under warranty and got it back very quickly.  The tech stated in a note with it that the gas block was NOT well lined up with the hole in the barrel.  Now it throws the brass at least 4' and zero issues with it........

and there you go, undergassed!

12 hours ago, sketch said:

coy op is that a fish eye camera angel or is that a 6 " stalk? 👀

Good eye.

@CoyTell us more about that stubby and the internals for it. 

it does look like camera angle, but if that’s something oddball let us know. 

Edited by DNP