• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The ugly ,the bad and the good

The Canadian federal government introduced new gun control legislation today that would introduce a buy-back program for barred firearms, allow municipalities to ban handguns. Last year the did an end run around( an Order in Council(OIC) , our version of an Executive Order). They are now trying to pass it as legislation, as  several court cases have been filed arguing the legitimacy of the OIC.

They've backed away from saying all the recently prohibited firearms must be turned in and now offering grandfathering( motived by realizing the cost of trying to implement it ) along with that the majority of the firearms recently prohibited are non restricted( no registration or record of sales) On one hand they are claiming these guns are to dangerous to be in the hands of general public with the grandfathering option two things have been accomplished. First obviously not so dangerously we can still keep them and the anti org here in Canada is pissed off saying the government lied.

The government is saying it will look at including legislation to allow municipal governments to decide  on wither or not to ban handguns regionally. On this one both the gunnies and antis agree it's bad idea but for different reasons.

Now the actual bill needs to be tabled, debated etc. changers made and re debated. Several Premiers and even several police groups have pointed out that this does nothing to deal with gun crime but punishes people that haven't done anything wrong. The money would be better spent actually going after criminal. Rumor has it that the government might call an election late spring early summer, if so and bill not passed it dies on the the table.

Now currently we are not allowed to take our ARs out and play so...

I see this as a temporary solution as Maple Ridge sells the stripped upper/lower( small frame AR available with large frame AR due out in 3-4 weeks) at least for now I can use my AR parts to put together rifles to shoot and when things change revert back easily. It's also a big :thefinger: to the government and the antis

Now Canada doesn't have SBR laws and these being manual action rifles the only restriction is overall length( 26 inches) guys are running 10.5 in barrels 

More people other than conservatives need to realize, the government not wanting normal people to have guns and yet the government having guns, is most dangerous thing imaginable. It is giving complete control to the government without fear of the people. And after that, there is nothing stopping the government for taking away all your freedoms and making all your choices for you. 

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

More people other than conservatives need to realize, the government not wanting normal people to have guns and yet the government having guns, is most dangerous thing imaginable. It is giving complete control to the government without fear of the people. And after that, there is nothing stopping the government for taking away all your freedoms and making all your choices for you. 

Absolute truth. I think you are starting to see this happening. A lot of the latest buying craze are first time buyers. As someone very close to me said, "It is not a bad thing for the government to have some fear of it's citizens."

35 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Absolute truth. I think you are starting to see this happening. A lot of the latest buying craze are first time buyers. As someone very close to me said, "It is not a bad thing for the government to have some fear of it's citizens."

"It is not a bad thing for the government to have some fear of it's citizens."

That is a good thing!!

12 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

More people other than conservatives need to realize, the government not wanting normal people to have guns and yet the government having guns, is most dangerous thing imaginable. It is giving complete control to the government without fear of the people.

I don't think there are any laws on the books concerning this - they can have all my guns, once they get by the fleet of trebuchets...  :thumbup:

14 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Good luck brother hope it works out for you 🍺🍺😃

Thanks brother, fights not over yet.

13 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

History is full of examples where groups have armed people to get power and once in power disarmed the very people that got them there. Ironically the very same governments that tell you a gun is not needed are the ones that will use armed men to impose there will upon you.

12 hours ago, Magwa said:

what he said yep right there above this post can you move to the states?

Probably, not a fast procedure and if so you'll have a neighbor and shooting/hunting buddy. I have heard of Canadian electricians going to US through the IBEW, depends on how economy is doing.

12 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I am a Wisconsin trooper... @Cunuckgaucho can you make it to the northern Wisconsin border? Just kidding... or am I? 🤷🏼

Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet up without having to look over our shoulders 

As it stands they haven't won and I haven't quit. War is attrition, the same government previously tried to bring in a registry for non- restricted firearms. They said it would cost $2 M, well the bill got up to $1.2B and no end in sight. That was just simple registration, this is likely going to cost $3-5B and maybe 20% compliance So now while they have prohibited a bunch of firearms the government has no idea who has them or where they are. 

Already groups that are not interested in firearms are saying it's not only a waste of taxpayer money but it does nothing to deal with criminal use of guns.

gun-deaths-by-intent.png

That works out to 823 deaths a year for the whole country, my province alone averaged just under 5 fentanyl deaths per day last year! tell me again how my guns are a problem?

6 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

That works out to 823 deaths a year for the whole country, my province alone averaged just under 5 fentanyl deaths per day last year! tell me again how my guns are a problem?

Exactly.  They're trying to put the band-aid on the wrong cut, if they're really worried about "stopping needless deaths." Same as always, though - disarm the population, and tell whatever wreckless story that they can spin, to do it.