• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Humor me and prove it wasn't a fluke, and the money is yours.

:fullauto:

I already proved it.  Walked to the line, settled, pulled the trigger.  BAM!  Done. 

One and done. 

The only way you can call that "luck" is when YOU do it.  And You repeat it - then, you can tell me I suck...  and can't pull it off again...   :laffs:

I walked up there, and did what I had to do.  With one shot.  At a mile.  Damn near dead-ass center of the plate, too.  :banana:

An 18" wide plate at a mile is less than one MOA.  I'm just sayin'...  And that was the middle of it...  An 18.4272" plate would be one MOA...   I'm just sayin'... 

Edited by 98Z5V

On 3/9/2022 at 1:30 AM, 98Z5V said:

I already proved it.  Walked to the line, settled, pulled the trigger.  BAM!  Done. 

One and done. 

The only way you can call that "luck" is when YOU do it.  And You repeat it - then, you can tell me I suck...  and can't pull it off again...   :laffs:

I walked up there, and did what I had to do.  With one shot.  At a mile.  Damn near dead-ass center of the plate, too.  :banana:

An 18" wide plate at a mile is less than one MOA.  I'm just sayin'...  And that was the middle of it...

LOL

We're going to look up the definitions of "control" and "fluke" when I get there. You clearly have no grasp of either concept....

If you can't repeat it, it's not controlled. Prove control over 5.3" of shot placement at a mile by any two successive shots, and the $100,000 is yours free and clear. I'll be on hand for 5 days to witness it first person, and I'm even rooting for you, I want it to happen. 5 days is plenty of time to get it done....

Spicy indeed!

:laffs:

4 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

LOL

We're going to look up the definitions of "control" and "fluke" when I get there. You clearly have no grasp of either concept....

LOL.  We donlt need "definitions" of bullshiit - we need performance.  Control, fluke - whatever.  I did it already. 

I'll let you shoot my gun.  And my ammo.  I will shoot it first and hit the mile.  After that, we'll see how many shots it take you to hit it...   :laffs:

You in?  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 minute ago, sketch said:

Matt is counting on whiskey windage..

That's what got my cold-bore that morning - the night before was ROUGH!  I still managed it, though.  Maybe that's what "calmed my nerves..."   :thumbup::laffs:

5 minutes ago, sketch said:

Sorry broke the secret 😅 

I hurt so bad from the night before, that i had to have a Bloody Mary right away that morning, just to get me straight.

And I cold-bored that fucker. Cold gun, straight out of the case, first shot.  Staggered up to the shooting platform. 

Hey, it worked.  Who's to say it didn't?  Nobody.  Because nobody here has ever done that, on one of these shoots. 

Let's see what happens next weekend....   :popcorn:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 3/9/2022 at 1:44 AM, 98Z5V said:

On 3/9/2022 at 1:44 AM, 98Z5V said:

Control, fluke - whatever.  I did it already. 

Oh no, not by a long shot, as a matter of fact AND definition, you haven't done this by a mile. You placed 1 (and only 1) shot as intended. Demonstrating control over the shot placement requires a second shot (at minimum) to establish repeatability. So when it comes to proving your point you've actually literally missed it by a mile...

:thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Oh no, not by a long shot, as a matter of fact AND definition, you haven't done this by a mile. You placed 1 (and only 1) shot as intended. Demonstrating control over the shot placement requires a second shot (at minimum) to establish repeatability. So when it comes to proving your point you've actually literally missed it by a mile...

:thumbup:

We'll just see what you can do - bring your mile gun with you next week...

I already have one of those...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

8 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Last I checked, militarily, they didn't require Snipers to shoot someone twice.  Just once.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:58 AM, 98Z5V said:

We'll just see what you can do - bring your mile gun with you next week...

I'll be the very first to admit, I got nothing for a mile. Out of all the attempts I made on the Fall trip, I got one 'maybe' hit. Heck, I'm not even proficient at 1,000 yet, although the Tikka makes it easier....

You got all the mile skills in this duo, I won't even kid about that.

2 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'll be the very first to admit, I got nothing for a mile. Out of all the attempts I made on the Fall trip, I got one 'maybe' hit. Heck, I'm not even proficient at 1,000 yet, although the Tikka makes it easier....

You got all the mile skills in this duo, I won't even kid about that.

Oh no - with the smack talked already you get the Win Mag already - with the detachable 5-rd mag.  You get ONE ROUND on the mag, brother.  Put up or shut up.   :lmao:  Hey, I'll even dial the 16.9 mils in the scope for you, and get you comfortable on the bench, beforehand.  I'll do anything I can for you - so you can make that easy shot, just off-center on the plate.  Now, when I give you the second mag, loaded 5-full - you better show me the difference between "control, fluke, repeatability" and all that other stuff you talked. I expect a first round hit, followed by 5 more -by your definition.  We'll see how this goes...  I'll bring my mile gun, that's for sure.  So will @JBMatt

1 minute ago, sketch said:

Mill snipers salary per year?

Not enough.

Just for the record...   last year, Postal Todd brought out a .300 Win Mag.  He was shooting the mile with us.  He had some 168gr ammo that he bought.  It was nowhere close to being able to get there.  Nowhere close.  Too light, ran out of steam well before the target.

He was frustrated.

Now, Postal Todd has a Savage .338 LM bolt gun, and he's gonna make this shot, this spring.  We'll see what happens.

On 3/9/2022 at 2:16 AM, 98Z5V said:

Oh no - with the smack talked already you get the Win Mag already - with the detachable 5-rd mag.  You get ONE ROUND on the mag, brother.  Put up or shut up.   :lmao:  Hey, I'll even dial the 16.9 mils in the scope for you, and get you comfortable on the bench, beforehand.  I'll do anything I can for you - so you can make that easy shot, just off-center on the plate.  Now, when I give you the second mag, loaded 5-full - you better show me the difference between "control, fluke, repeatability" and all that other stuff you talked. I expect a first round hit, followed by 5 more -by your definition.  We'll see how this goes...  I'll bring my mile gun, that's for sure.  So will @JBMatt

Not enough.

I made only this claim....

On 3/9/2022 at 1:09 AM, Matt.Cross said:

That's less than .3 MOA error, definitely smaller than what I'm capable of controlling as a shooter.

So you see, the nature of MY claim was regarding what my shooting skills LACK.

With that said, I'll gladly burn your ammo shooting for a 1-mile hit. Smiling with every round sent downrange....