• Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

New Pelican case came Wednesday. Decided to use it to have a smaller case just for the RPR 308 I put  the bigger Arken optic on. Kept it simple- gun, mags & small pouch for extra battery, lens wipes, sling & tools.

Screenshot_20211230-221003.jpg

20211231_153312.jpg

20211231_171124.jpg

Screenshot_20211231-173255.jpg

Bueatiful job brother 🍺🍺

On 12/31/2021 at 11:52 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

You are a paitent man, the cuts are really clean. What did you use to cut the foam, what exactly is the knife holder in the first picture?

Patient? Eeh, occasionally lol. My high end project tools consist of 2 items from the dollar store, a fine point Sharpie to trace & a thin retractable razor knife. 

Knife holder?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, with the new PRS 3 stock , Arken scope & Accushot monopod, I had to reconfigure the Pelican case 🤔. No way I can modify existing to accommodate , a larger stock, optic & monopod. I had to order another center piece of foam , need to restart from scratch. New foam should be here Tuesday-ish. I believe this is the configuration I'm going to go  with, seems the most practical and efficient. The green pouch is for the sling, tools, extra battery & bipod spikes/miscellaneous gear. I'll probably hide that a little deeper in a cutout below the stock.

20220121_184829.jpg

20220121_190546.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

On 1/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, unforgiven said:

How do you like the weight with the new setup brother

Well, the PRS 3 vs. the MOE rifle stock is only about a +/- pound heavier. Love the Arken scope, it adds a little more weight over the Trijicon Accupoint TR23-2G i took off though. I did have to thin the case contents down to make it all work. I removed 6 mags containing 120 rounds of 168gr ammo, that lightens the overall case weight a little, by about 12lb!  I'll weigh the rifle alone & the entire case completed once I get the new foam insert cut out & put together.  Still gonna be a PIG!🤣 Overall,  it all "should " end up approximately 35-36lb.

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade