• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

Need your opinion on price for a used  rifle at my LGS. Not sure if it's a good deal or not.

They got an Armalite AR10 T in .308. A2 stock, 20" SS heavy  Barrel, has a Trijicon 5-20x50mm scope-30mm tube mounted on it & comes with 3 mags. Looks brand new condition, so not shot much & treated well. $1850 + tax. 

So so deal, good deal, great deal? I'm clueless, what say you fellas??

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it A “B” model? If so, you may have difficulty finding magazines, though Armalite has them sporadically. I have an AR10T 16” SS heavy barrel and like it a lot. The 20” will be nose heavy, but pretty damn accurate. The “T” was the model below their “Super SASS” which Rsquare has I believe. That price was about what the gun went for new without the scope and mount. Maybe even a bit less. Considering the market, you will be getting a high performing rifle for-that money. But a “B” model will be discounted a bit as you are locked in to using the Armalite Gen 2 mags. Which are excellent. The barrel is triple lapped and it has the Armalite National Match trigger.

35 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Is it A “B” model? If so, you may have difficulty finding magazines, though Armalite has them sporadically. I have an AR10T 16” SS heavy barrel and like it a lot. The 20” will be nose heavy, but pretty damn accurate. The “T” was the model below their “Super SASS” which Rsquare has I believe. That price was about what the gun went for new without the scope and mount. Maybe even a bit less. Considering the market, you will be getting a high performing rifle for-that money. But a “B” model will be discounted a bit as you are locked in to using the Armalite Gen 2 mags. Which are excellent. The barrel is triple lapped and it has the Armalite National Match trigger.

Not sure how to tell if it's a "B" model. I do know it takes proprietary mags. A buddy has 11 - 20 round mags new in the package that he'll give me.

639175213.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-190941_Messages.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

40 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I can understand why. That is the worst write up I have ever seen on an AR10T. I can only speculate that they might have gone through a rough patch. I would suggest PMing mrraley and ask him if he has any knowledge of issues with the 10T. He is THE MAN when it comes to Genseo, Ill produced Armalites. Those are the magazines you need by the way, and if you have extra, I will buy a few. At that price it is worth the gamble.You could always rebarrel in 260 Remington.

3 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I can understand why. That is the worst write up I have ever seen on an AR10T. I can only speculate that they might have gone through a rough patch. I would suggest PMing mrraley and ask him if he has any knowledge of issues with the 10T. He is THE MAN when it comes to Genseo, Ill produced Armalites. Those are the magazines you need by the way, and if you have extra, I will buy a few. At that price it is worth the gamble.You could always rebarrel in 260 Remington.

I trust you guys & your knowledge on the 308 platform  here before ANYWHERE ELSE, that's why I ONLY asked here. 

9 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Is there any way to tell the manufacturing date of the rifle? Or would that be a tricky task involving the serial # only? 

you can call Armalite customer service and they should have that information based on the serial #. When Armalite got sold to Surgeon rifles, Surgeon unloaded a bunch of AR10 “B” model rifles including AR10T’s through CDNN at hugely discounted prices. If they just slapped barrels and receivers and uppers together, that might have caused some issues. Shortly thereafter they discontinued the AR10T, so makes me wonder. Mine will shoot MOA if I do my part.

4 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Shortly thereafter they discontinued the AR10T, so

So the AR10 T is definitely a discontinued model? I may ask the boss to blow off 1st hour (or so) of work Monday morning & run over to LGS when they open with my boreccamera & try to check it out more thoroughly. I've heard if it has the Eagle stamped on it near the magwell, they were worth more?

If it's got the triangle fitting like the old colts not just any hanguard will fit. they do have them but they are more expensive. mags can be found too but at three times the price of others.  I ask magpul one time if they ever had plans to make mags for them and their answer was no.

1 minute ago, Rsquared said:

I'd jump all over that deal all day long. It's easy to change barrels if you end up not liking the 20"

I know little about Do's & don'ts with Armalite (what models were good vs. which may not have been) but definitely trust your guy's Intel on them. If you say they're good shlt,  then they're good.  I'm probably gonna head over with cash Monday am, hopefully it is still there. 

3 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I know little about Do's & don'ts with Armalite (what models were good vs. which may not have been) but definitely trust your guy's Intel on them. If you say they're good shlt,  then they're good.  I'm probably gonna head over with cash Monday am, hopefully it is still there. 

Don’t think you will be sorry. That hand guard by the way is free floating and standard on the AR10T.