• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Firing pin and Trigger Deflection

DustBuster

I’m just jabbin you in the ribs, funnin, I could have said Trigger sear Getting to Know, instead I said Pretend Shots... I’m not refusing any knowledge, but I don’t always just go with the flow,,,How did Mr. Armalites figure out his system?  He tried all sorts of different tests “ Virtual Pretending” to make it work.  I’m doing the same thing along with Using Facts from you guys to learn the system... I ain’t bucking the system... don’t get me wrong.

the only thing left for me to learn is what is the best bipod... and you’ve already professed it is the magpul... I probably will end up buying one, but I’ll probably strap a couple of bundled spaghetti noodles together and m-lok em in and I just might discover a home made thing that makes Magpul look like magpie poop.  But I might fail, and that’s ok too.  I sincerely appreciate all your help with some of my good questions and I didn’t mean to irritate you with any dumb things.  I can’t go shoot the thing till I go gauge it, so I got a week.  My brain doesn’t stop...I’ve already decided not to risk paper thicknesses behind the brass as a test... advice I take from u guys... 

DUDE!
You've got to stop thinking about all the "what-if's" about this thing. Like 98 said. Just go shoot the damn thing and get the real time feedback that you feel in your shoulder and observe with your own eyes. You can run scenario after scenario in your head about what "might" happen forever. But you're never gonna know jack $hit until you actually pull the trigger and get actual seat time behind the rifle. To constantly analyze data (conjecture) that you've made up in your head is useless, and a waste of time.

You can't solve an issue that hasn't happened yet, without causing other issues. Period.

Edited by Rsquared

21 minutes ago, DustBuster said:

I’m just jabbin you in the ribs, funnin, I could have said Trigger sear Getting to Know, instead I said Pretend Shots...

You're not jabbing me in the ribs, not in the least, on anything - even if you think it's funny.  I'm done with your word-games and made-up scenarios.  You make up whatever you want to call anything - because you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.  I'm not gonna be a part of it.  I'm done.

Good luck with your gun.  Hope it shoots well.

Whatever... when a person builds one of these things, makes his own friggen jig, friggen breaks a fukin carbide bit of first plunge and then still has to friggen use it for 16 more agonizing passes, nearly tears through the magwall on changing to a bit with cutting length 1” on a change, makes a friggen bore sight jig, makes a friggen hole alignment tester.... makes a gol dam mag block to hold everything, gets parts for months, exchanges some..... you tell me that is not the real fukin thing—- you tell me that I need to just shoot the thing and stop thinking about it—- your the one that Is getting dillusional about it...of course I will see what is going to happen... but You know what? It won’t surprise me that much because I will be prepared.  How much practice did you military guys do?  poop tons. How much preparation.do Hunters do?  poop tons.  How much friggen Pilot training now is done in a simulator?  Shittons.  Now I’m done with you.  Peace.  I only ever specifically asked you one question... and you only half ass answered it.  Sometimes I only bring poop up to get something to talk about... But apparently it Irritates you know so now I will stop entirely.  Done with th

I’m sorry for the picture above.... my adrenaline got up and I tried to edit it but couldn’t think what to say instead in time.

I do talk too much and sometimes think I’m witty when it’s not.  I’m human and I make errors.  I do respect you highly and will cease all posts till after a couple of months if I can shoot a quarter sized group at 100.  I flip myself off now.  Goodnight I lost my cool. Bye

Edited by DustBuster

"^^^ Truth. The internet is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in the sense that it gives you a vast quantity of information from which to derive useful conclusions, and a curse in the sense that it gives you a vast quantity of information from which to draw erroneous conclusions."

+2 

Despite being a GREAT place to help you with your problem solving the Forums are plagued with armchair quarterbacks who need to stay the fuk off the websites,  and absolutely and for sure keep their useless day jobs.  I see more "regurgitated" outdated, inaccurate and useless information posted on so many topics it makes me want to PUKE!  Doesn't matter if you are pruning your grape vines, knitting a sweater, tuning your race car or messing with a gun, there will more times than not be someone coming on a topic with diarrhea of the mouth contributing nothing useful to the topic at hand and more times than not just confusing the OP even more.

I don't tolerate any of that chit on my website, and if you resemble a "troll" at any level you get your walking papers promptly.........FWIW.....

4 hours ago, Cliff R said:

"^^^ Truth. The internet is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in the sense that it gives you a vast quantity of information from which to derive useful conclusions, and a curse in the sense that it gives you a vast quantity of information from which to draw erroneous conclusions."

+2 

Despite being a GREAT place to help you with your problem solving the Forums are plagued with armchair quarterbacks who need to stay the fuk off the websites,  and absolutely and for sure keep their useless day jobs.  I see more "regurgitated" outdated, inaccurate and useless information posted on so many topics it makes me want to PUKE!  Doesn't matter if you are pruning your grape vines, knitting a sweater, tuning your race car or messing with a gun, there will more times than not be someone coming on a topic with diarrhea of the mouth contributing nothing useful to the topic at hand and more times than not just confusing the OP even more.

I don't tolerate any of that chit on my website, and if you resemble a "troll" at any level you get your walking papers promptly.........FWIW.....

Dust buster grow up. You don't know $hit about $hit and fail to grasp the information given. 

Dustbuster, I have a friend who is just like you, always nitpicking whatifs to no end. We've been friends for several decades and are like brothers but sometimes I just want to smack him in the back of the head and tell him to STFU! Honestly, it can get aggravating and you probably don't even realize it, I know my buddy doesn't. Just lighten up a little bit and chill. You don't have a problem with realizing you went a little too far and apologizing for it, which is more than you can say for a lot of folks. I like that! Just back off the nitpicking a bit and enjoy the ride!:thumbup:

Edited by 392heminut

I won’t post any new Topics and/Or Questions, until I can prove to You All I’m an “Expert, haha”Marksmen and shoot a 3/4” group at 100 yards with this thing.  I’ll give 98 a break from my Rabble until then.

I appreciate every body’s comments so far.

Morse Code:  

- - .   - - -   - - -    - . .   -...  - . - -   .

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

Dustbuster, I have a friend who is just like you, always nitpicking whatifs to no end. We've been friends for several decades and are like brothers but sometimes I just want to smack him in the back of the head and tell him to STFU! Honestly, it can get aggravating and you probably don't even realize it, I know my buddy doesn't. Just lighten up a little bit and chill. You don't have a problem with realizing you went a little too far and apologizing for it, which is more than you can say for a lot of folks. I like that! Just back off the nitpicking a bit and enjoy the ride!:thumbup:

I agree 392, It seems like Dustbuster seems to be writing a P.H.D dissertation on  "The Art of Nit-picking a LR308 /AR10 semi automatic DIG operated rifles' firing pin stuff and hammer strikes"

:fullauto::thefinger:

Edited by mrmackc