• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Troy TRX extreme, and an adjustable .936 gas block under the rail????

Horsemen

The only one I know for sure that will clear is the PRI.  Their .936 cleared a TRX on an AR-15 build I did, and I think that TRX is ever-so-slightly slimmer in diameter than the .308 TRX.  It'll go.  Comes with it's own gas tube, but you might have to call them to get the correct length:

http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186815&CAT=4274

• 3 weeks later...

Post up some pics of the interference, man, so I can take a look at where it's hitting.  This might be easier than you think.  <thumbsup>

I "massaged" a YHM Specter gas block to fit under a DD RIS II rail, so this might not be too bad. 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got sometime and started the gas block. I could have use the belt sander on the PRI block and made it fit. But I have the tools to make one. So why not. The first picture shows the problem. Now to the second problem. The PRI block with the screw bottomed out has a "lot" of leakage. After testing the one that I roughed out, the leakage is noticeably less. I may try a smaller gas hole around .120 ish, on another one, just to see if I can get even less leakage. The second picture is the roughed out block. And the third one is the block mounted on the barrel. Next week, if time permitting we will mount it to the rotary table for shaping. Its looking like the PRI block will be in need of a new home, less the gas tube. <thumbsup> O I frogot,  the block after shaping will be the same height as the PRI block. I also plan on a .750 block also.

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

• 1 month later...

Jgun. The machines i have are all manual. there are some ideas that I'm kicking around about making them better, like getting 0 leakage, when adjusted all the way closed. I started this project with the Idea of making more. Perhaps summer I will have them perfected. The next one will be a .750. if that comes out like i expect there will be another .936. as far as CNC. I do have limited access. That may come into play if the next one comes out as planed.

Sorry i got tied up. Here is the jig plate.

DSCN0164.jpg

here is the jig.

DSCN0166-1.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

After every thing was fitted, I looked all over for a bipod mount. Troy only offers a rail, no mount. So back to the drafting table. Simple and light. The old Harris bipod fits well. Shooting it will be soon, Need that bolt group, and scope mount.

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg