• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pistol Brace Update, from 7 Jun 21

On June 7, 2021, the Attorney General signed ATF proposed rule 2021R-08, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” amending ATF’s regulations to clarify when a rifle is “intended to be fired from the shoulder.”

That would be US Attorney General Merrick Garland - the same guy that OButtFuck didn't get on to the US Supreme Court before the end of his 2nd term...

Here's the BATFE website announcement of this:

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/factoring-criteria-firearms-attached-stabilizing-braces

Here's a vid from 7 Jun 21, about this - I'm shocked that there's not more out there right now - so spread the word FAR and WIDE about this...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This point system schit is a joke, Mr gun guy on yuck tube runs through what gets you to the 4 points and it's an SBR idea. They are so far from having any practical rule that could actually be enforced or hold up it ain't even funny. I think this is a set up for failure so they can cry to the public that nothing short of the overhaul of the 2A will "solve the problem" 

Did you notice the comment read, from my vid, where they state a receiver extension is 6 or 6 1/2" ?....   Yeah, well if the minimum internal depth of a receiver extension is 6 15/16" (Armalite) or 7.000" (everyone else) - well then WTF recoil system are THEY testing, that's either "6 or 6 1/2"?..."  

Short answer is:   They don't know what the fuk they're putting to paper, not even in the least. 

AND...   this will only pertain to guns that are 12" OAL to (under) 26" OAL...  

With a pistol receiver extension (7.000" internal depth), attached to AR15 receivers, it's 14.5" to the end of the upper receiver.  SO, where's this 12" gun coming from?...

Short answer, again - they don't know what the fuk they're putting on paper - zero research went into this, as far as "puking up something to get the US AG to sign..."

Edited by 98Z5V

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Short answer is:   They don't know what the fuk they're putting to paper, not even in the least.

I spent a couple hours trying to understand what they are doing before I realized the jokes on me, none of that crap really means anything legally. Now at the point laws mean what a select few tell everyone they mean then those of us that read and think words have meanings are are screwed.

3 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I spent a couple hours trying to understand what they are doing before I realized the jokes on me, none of that crap really means anything legally. Now at the point laws mean what a select few tell everyone they mean then those of us that read and think words have meanings are are screwed.

Exactly  - this is the official "proposal" that they are gonna pitch for "comments," which is mandatory.  Last time they did this (last Dec?) on the bump stocks, it was shut down due to the overwhelming amount of comments that they received.  Next step for them, is open the comment period... 

The first Revolution happened over taxes, but started over firearms. If you get my drift. The left has been pushing for a long time. 

Near as I can figure all firearms with braces would be illegal. What got me is that heavy firearms that can't be handheld without a brace, but must use a bipod would be a SBR. Really? The handicapped can't target shoot a heavy handgun from a bench? Or if it's too light they can't do the same? Who the hell is the ATF to determine handicaps and what someone is capable of or not?

Too, the "regulation" (really a law) isn't for folks with handicaps. I definitely have a handicap, my legs. I go to cardiac therapy 2x a week for it. So I guess I'm good. 

Buck fiden and his DOJ and the ATF. 

So, here's page 16 and 17 inside that 71-page doc that's been linked.  THIS is their whole proposed "ATF Form 4999," the "checklist" to determined if you have a legal "pistol" or an illegal "pistol."  There are glaring holes in this entire form...   Look at it closely...

Click it, many times - it gets bigger...

1298234974_ATF4999.thumb.png.720273b88ca76da983dfb7862d257f79.png

8 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Does the flash can count as a non operational accessory? Just measured the 7.5 barreled AR15 pistol.  28" with 3" flash can and the brace extended fully. (I know, rhetorical question, right?)  

Not sure yet, on which way they'll go, and I'm certain that they're gonna be very vague about it...

The already have the language stated, and could have just copied and pasted it - but they didn't.  From the SBR Rules:   Barrels under 16" must have a permanently attached muzzle device, in order for the muzzle device to be counted as barrel OAL, IF the muzzle device gets that under-16" barrel over 16"...  Then, they list two methods for permanent attachment - blind pin and weld, and 1100* silver solder.   Those are not the only methods one could use - just the two methods that they listed... 

So, they had the words there already, and they didn't use them...   Makes me suspicious.

I can guarantee you this - if that 3" flash can is permanently attached, they can't turn around and state that it's one of those "non-operation accessories..."  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 4 weeks later...

You guys been keeping up with this stuff?   141 members of Congress sent a letter to the USAG and BAFTE Acting Director. Hudson leads the charge once again.

https://hudson.house.gov/press-releases/hudson-leads-140-members-calling-on-atf-to-withdraw-stabilizing-brace-rule

Here's the whole thing - click it until it's big enough to read - it gets bigger...

1441406689_HudsonletterATF2.thumb.png.89bda4b683e59d9be6f250d3c84f906b.png

12 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I need to get the rest of those 11 inch gas tubes ordered.

Double check the rest of your barrels, brother - make sure they're identical to the original.  Some of these gas tubes came up at 11.000" and some ended up perfect at 11.250".  :thumbup:

My first was 11.000".  I need to match up the other one to it, and make sure they're the same port distance. 

34 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Double check the rest of your barrels, brother

I've got one in the pile that would do 11 3/32 to dead center otherwise 11 " is my number, checked three brands of uppers with most and get the same numbers. That's a mix of 7.62 and 308 marked barrels, that 11.25" number had me dragging out what I had and checking again.