• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger 10/22 stock

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shooterrex said:

You really should just build another gun and not mess up one that is already put together and working well.

Belt-Fed can afford it.

I have this one to play with too. I live right by E. R. Shaw/Small Arms Manufacturing which makes a lot of barrels for some of the big name companies.  Might see what they can make me for a nicec bull barrel.

20210718_152645.jpg

20210718_152657.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

Found the concept of these adjustable rings interesting.  These are probably complete $hit, but would be nice if a "good" company picked up the idea. I plan on getting a set to try on a .22 & work calibers up till failure.  It's only $35 of @Belt Fed's money, not like I personally would be out cash.......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MDWGJ7F?pf_rd_r=83FEANEGB4AQ91FP2KHG&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=854f32b7-9cc7-4597-8718-d02d10c83aae&pd_rd_w=5qRrE&pd_rd_wg=uqH0K&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Screenshot_20210721-193546.jpg

My dad has a set of those on the new air rifle. Seem like they work alright. Should be just fine on a 22, though unless you’re going long I don’t see the need for them. More moving parts equals more places for problems in my totally unqualified opinion. 

4 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I can see using them to decide what height mount I want to order for a specific rifle/scope combo.

In theory,  manufacturer claims each adjustment up adds 20 moa elevation if I read the poor English translation correctly.  Beneficial if one Ran out of elevation adjustment long distance?

Think about this. Your scope tube is solid. You start changing the height of one ring and not the other you are putting the scope tube in a bind unless you lapp the rings. Then if you lapp them you can't adjust them again. On a 22 maybe but something to shoot distance you're not going to have the whole ring in contact with the scope tube

1 minute ago, shooterrex said:

Think about this. Your scope tube is solid. You start changing the height of one ring and not the other you are putting the scope tube in a bind unless you lapp the rings. Then if you lapp them you can't adjust them again. On a 22 maybe but something to shoot distance you're not going to have the whole ring in contact with the scope tube

I know you can't only raise or lower 1, both have to be adjusted equally.  I more/less liked the idea of one set could adjust to satisfy 1" to 30mm scope tube & ability to mount a 40mm-50mm objective to the correct height. 

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Really? I did not notice that detail.  

The ones we have from FX look just like that and supposedly they do…we’ll see. That was my first question on the “infinitely adjustable” scope mounts. 

Burris XTR Signature Rings are fully MOA adjustable.  You'll pay for that, though.  You can go from 0 MOA to 40 MOA with those rings.  We mounted those on GunPusher John's .375 CheyTac, on top of a 30 MOA rail.  I told him he needed 70 MOA in that scope to do what he wants to do, and he found a way...   :lmao:

All the $hit came this afternoon for the 22. The Magpul hunter x22 stock is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be 👍. Cut out hole for the type 1 QD socket did not have the HEX slot molded in for the fastening nut like the AR rifle stock did, but I found a solid fix for that. Ended up needing the lesser of the 2 high comb cheek pieces for proper scope height. The drop in extended mag release was a breeze. Mounted an Mlok rail for The bipod & an Mlok QD mount on the forend. Bull barrel is now beautifully free floated, we'll see how it shoots Saturday when I head out to slaughter some ground pigs😎

20210722_175412.jpg

20210722_175449.jpg

20210722_193421.jpg

20210722_193430.jpg

20210722_193441.jpg

20210722_193853.jpg