• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger 10/22 stock

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

More important than looks is how is the receiver fit in the stock. I'm betting the Magpul stock has a better bedding system for the receiver. I don't remember the chassis I'm using but the receiver fits tight.

IMG_20210717_220626.jpg

I agree. Neither the Magpul or the Archangel have an aluminum bed in them. But I have NO intention of spending $600 On a McMillan stock either lol. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I vote MagPul Hunter stock.   :thumbup:

I love mine. Someday it’ll get a barrel, but this works great. It’s my go to for squirrel hunting if I’m able to use the 22. That’s all gonna change when I buy my PCP, but right now it’s the one to use. 

AAC994EC-472E-4DC9-A285-45C4A5965728.jpeg

13 minutes ago, DNP said:

I love mine. Someday it’ll get a barrel, but this works great. It’s my go to for squirrel hunting if I’m able to use the 22. That’s all gonna change when I buy my PCP, but right now it’s the one to use. 

AAC994EC-472E-4DC9-A285-45C4A5965728.jpeg

Nice! Did you need to buy the high cheek riser to be comfortable behind the scope?

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

I bought a few to try out. I like the high one. Works good for the oldest boy too. 

Thanks. I put the Magpul hunter x22 stock & the additional high comb riser in My ( @Belt Fed's ) cart, along with an extended mag release & picatnny optic mount to replace the weaver style currently on it so i can  mount the QD NV scope. 

Well crap. I was going to offer up one of my shorter risers if you didn’t like the tall. I guess you could still use it to see what you like better and then buy the other in OD if you liked it. It’ll be good with the high though, I doubt you’ll be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, DNP said:

Well crap. I was going to offer up one of my shorter risers if you didn’t like the tall. I guess you could still use it to see what you like better and then buy the other in OD if you liked it. It’ll be good with the high though, I doubt you’ll be disappointed. 

Appreciate the offer!  I'll see how the one that comes with it serves , but  think I'll need the high one for the scope alignment so I'll just order the high one to be covered. 

Did you use the barrel tension shim in yours or just leave it free floated?

I made sure nothing was touching my barrel, on mine.  This is an OLD rifle, and I lucked into this stock a few months ago.  TacSol fluted heavy barrel.

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.c2da5c6641393a5f65aae6a9dd078bb9.JPG

That Cabela's branded 3-9 BDC scope is getting ready to come off, and this one is going on soon.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-6x-scope-with-the-patented-acss-22lr-reticle?quantity=1

Edited by 98Z5V

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I made sure nothing was touching my barrel, on mine.  This is an OLD rifle, and I lucked into this stock a few months ago.  TacSol fluted heavy barrel.

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.c2da5c6641393a5f65aae6a9dd078bb9.JPG

That Cabela's branded 3-9 BDC scope is getting ready to come off, and this one is going on soon.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-6x-scope-with-the-patented-acss-22lr-reticle?quantity=1

Nice set-up @98Z5V! I like the reticle on that primary arms scope👍.  I've got a 3-12×40 Nikon Buckmaster w/ target dot on right now,  may grab the one you're looking at or the Athlon 22 bdc scope.  https://athlonoptics.com/product/neos-4-12x40-bdc-22-sfp/

12 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Nice set-up @98Z5V! I like the reticle on that primary arms scope👍.  I've got a 3-12×40 Nikon Buckmaster w/ target dot on right now,  may grab the one you're looking at or the Athlon 22 bdc scope.  https://athlonoptics.com/product/neos-4-12x40-bdc-22-sfp/

I'm really liking the BDC system on that PA scope, and the auto-ranging that they built in.  It's pretty badass, with the thought that they put in to that reticle design.  That's my bitch for .22LR, right there, hands down.