• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

No battery required

GStephen

8 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Rene is an original legitimate tin knocker. The type of knuckle dragger to take a flat piece of metal and turn it into whatever you're asking for.

Fuking artist with metal and some shears.

Even if he is a fan of the cherry flavored crayons. :lmao:

I like cherry 😁:laffs:

15 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Triangulation is a very useful layout tool. Relative to shooting also. 2 pieces of information will develop the third leg.

Pythagorean theorem - the absolute key to setting up every single angled shot you'll ever make.  :hail::thumbup:

a^{2}+b^{2}=c^{2},

Pythagorean.svg

Here's a cheat-sheet.  This is what I teach, 5* increments, right here.

Angle/Degree to Cosine Multiplier

Degree of angle - Multiplier of Measured Yards

• 5 - .99 or 99%
  • 10 - .98 or 98%
  • 15 - .96 or 96%
  • 20 - .94 or 94%
  • 25 - .91 or 91%
  • 30 - .87 or 87%
  • 35 - .82 or 82%
  • 40 - .77 or 77%
  • 45 - .70 or 70%
  • 50 - .64 or 64%
  • 55 - .57 or 57%
  • 60 - .50 or 50%
  • 65 - .42 or 42%
  • 70 - .34 or 34%
  • 75 - .26 or 26%
  • 80 - .17 or 17%
  • 85 - .09 or 9%
  • 90 - .00 or 0%

Example - Scuba Steve set in a new oxy tank up in the hills, happened to be 785 yards.  9* uphill shot.  Turned out to be a more true 775 yard shot.  9* isn't really enough to make a difference - but it made a difference on an oxygen tank on a 3/4" piece of rebar pounded into the ground, and hanging over it.  Small target, width-wise, for that distance.  Account for it, and hit it, or don't account for it, and have to correct to get on target. 

I love me some nerd magic, when it comes to these things...   :laffs::thumbup:

Picture example:

R1638pg112-147_CH8BBB.indd - trajectory

Edited by 98Z5V

I just for some reason can never memorize this one. Should be easy, but I committed law of sines and Pythagorean to memory and have to look this one up the few times I need it.  Need this one when you have a couple of goofy sides and the wrong angle to make it easy. Or 3 sides and no angles. You can solve a lot with this one, but I’ve always hated it. 

6C0D91C1-F1A7-487E-AFF1-82810B67EDEB.png

Edited by DNP

This is the last angle chart that I have - it's in my chest rig. I have the file somewhere, but I printed these things years ago, laminated them, and handed them out to everyone that was here for the shoot - so we could shoot High Angle that year.

2.5 * increments.  I showed everyone how to do 5* increments with their fist, on the horizon.  2.5* would be halfway between a fist...

Know your scope.  Know your reticle.  Know how to range objects in your scope reticle.

Apply math.

Here's how you make angled shots - apply this factor, based on your angle.

928143750_COSINECHART.jpg.31d90831abd03d44f81989e76d9f8bb8.jpg

On 3/19/2023 at 12:51 PM, shepp said:

Is that like the definition of relative humidity? 

On 3/19/2023 at 6:54 PM, DNP said:

I deal with math…not science. 

Oh you brought up cousins. The definition of relative humidity is when the sweat drips off your balls and down your cousins ass crack 🫣😂

Just buy a Kestrel 5700.  It'll tell you what your Relative Humidty is, right then.  /Done. 

Probably tell you the Relative Humidity off your cousin's ass, too...   It's that good...   :lmao:

Get the Elite, with the Applied Ballistics calculator loaded into it.  :thumbup:

If it doesn't say "Applied Ballistics" on the face - you have the wrong software installed.  I've heard that the newer ones state "ELITE BALLISTICS" and that's still the "Applied Ballistics" software - do your research first.  Make sure.

Good! This one down here...vvv

https://precisionrifleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Kestrel-Ballistic-Weather-Meter-Elite-5700-with-Applied-Ballistics.jpg

Don't buy it if it doesn't say Applied Ballistics, just sayin'...   Here's an example... vvv

There's a Ruger version, and a Hornady 4DOF version...

11977566_01_kestrel_5700_ballistics_weat

I'm not saying that those two ballistics solvers suck - I'm just sayin' that the Applied Ballistics solver is WAY MO' BETTAH...   That's all...

All the way to your cousin's ass...   :banana: