• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WA State AWB

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

Anything on grandfathering in current owners? I assume they will. It just sucks though. A typical legislature grabbing low hanging fruit and then claiming this will solve the problem. It won’t.

Yes , I keep what I have. 

9 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Be glad the founding father's had the foresight to add the 2nd amendment. Be wary when the government says they have no interest in taking away your guns but to go ahead and register them.

Is that going to effect you crossing w/guns?

15 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Be glad the founding father's had the foresight to add the 2nd amendment. Be wary when the government says they have no interest in taking away your guns but to go ahead and register them.

All my shits is all knowing already so they can read up on 400 million pages of 2A . 

As far as that bullshiit thing that passed their State House of Reps, it didn't state anything at all about current ownership.  Nothing.  I read the whole thing.

It states this as a goal:  "prohibit the manufacture, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for sale of any assault weapon in the state."

You can own them, according to the bill - if you own them now.  You just can't buy anymore in the future....

They kissed a few of the gun companies asses, rightly so - they still want their money for the State...

"There will be several exceptions within the bill, including sales to the military and law enforcement and for selling to out-of-state customers."

Edited by 98Z5V

23 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Is that going to effect you crossing w/guns?

Currently no at the moment, the only one that might be an issue depending on the specifics is my Kodiak( Canadian built AR-180 style rifle). Now if my ARs get realeased from house arrest and they can't enter Wa. I'll have to enter through the free state of Idaho for the shoots. 

14 hours ago, Magwa said:

But you can not buy any more? Brother this will never work for you .......

I keep what I own. I can buy shits for a minute,  To sustain until further notice.. I accept side work for the next few months to pay off my cc! You know how that works.  Then I can dedicate my collection $  to shits I've been neglecting for this very real problem.  I have been here all my life. Preparing for this and will continue to do  me, until I can't.  And on that note rent is super cheep for me right?  

Bro.. ? In the neck and knees. 

You have 90 days, brother.  Buy everything you can.  Now.  Once you own it - YOU OWN IT.  After that period, it's not legal to sell, buy, trade, whatever, according to that BUUUUULLLLSHIIIT! 

It's all gonna get shut down by Bruen, long term.  It's how "long" that "long term" is.  Don't sweat the small stuff, long term.  Worry about YOU in the short term. 

Buy lowers.  :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, sketch said:

Put a fire under gpjohn would ya pleez!

5 minutes ago, sketch said:

You know how I roll homie!

He's trying to find it, brother!   This bitch is "Unobtanium" right now.  He's searching, daily. 

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/prodimages/34542-DEFAULT-l.jpg

9 hours ago, sketch said:

I keep what I own. I can buy shits for a minute,  To sustain until further notice.. I accept side work for the next few months to pay off my cc! You know how that works.  Then I can dedicate my collection $  to shits I've been neglecting for this very real problem.  I have been here all my life. Preparing for this and will continue to do  me, until I can't.  And on that note rent is super cheep for me right?  

Bro.. ? In the neck and knees. 

Absolutely!

Rainer Arms sent out a good email today, basically warning their local customers to kick it into high gear right now.  Initially, it looks like they're pushing product, if you're cynical like that - but that's not the case, when you read the email.  They're being very honest with their customers - 10-day wait in WA State.  Hmmm...  sounds like they took that BS from the Cali playbook (they did). 

This thing could get signed my the WA Gov (POS, by the way), and it could be ANY DAY that it happens.  If you're IN your 10-day wait, and tomorrow is Day 9, and this is signed tomorrow - they can't transfer your gun to you.  For realz.

Read their email that they sent out - this is the body of the email.  I can forward this email directly to any brother that didn't get it, and needs it...

Washington State Residents,

With the progress of WA HB1240 we are approaching a deadline to complete firearms transfers due to WA State 10 day waiting period on certain firearms.  The "Assault Weapons" Ban will become law immediately upon the signature of the governor.  The information we are receiving presents an urgent timeline for WA residents to complete their required forms for transfer or purchase and then wait the required waiting period.  This deadline is for many AR's, parts and other semi-auto rifles March 18th.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the legislation, firearms that are awaiting background check or waiting period must be transferred to the customer prior to the law enactment date.  If the law becomes finalized while firearms are in a pending status or waiting the wait period to expire, dealers are unable to transfer the firearm to any WA resident.   

Other important aspects of the law that many are not aware of.  This bill also prohibits the sale or transfer of common parts that many of us have for repairs or maintenance.  Parts are now subject to regulation as they  "can be used to assemble" under this new law.  Key parts such as bolt carrier groups, barrels, stocks and grips will all be illegal to sell or transfer after this law goes in to effect.   

Orders made online through March 17th will receive priority processing and delivery for WA residents.  In person sales at our Auburn, WA location for semi-automatic and listed firearms will be accepted and processed through this Saturday March 18th.  Online orders made after March 17th will likely not arrive in time to ensure transfer.  Online "Firearms Orders" (made from other sellers sent to us for transfer) that are being shipped in to Washington may not arrive in time to complete required background checks and waiting period before the law is signed in to effect, so buyer beware.

In person sales at our Auburn, WA location for semi-automatic and listed firearms will be accepted and processed through this Saturday March 18th, will be guaranteed for processing or will be eligible for a full refund of the purchase price.  Firearms orders after this Saturday, March 18th, are subject to a $100 or 15% restocking fee, whichever is greater, due to the shipping and processing fees.  We will continue to process firearms sales until the law is signed and enacted.       

We are saddened, frustrated and share your feelings about this new law and attack on our constitutional rights.  Rainier Arms will continue to partner with efforts and organizations fighting for our rights, sadly this will be a process that will need to to progress through our court system.  

We appreciate your support and understanding, and know that we are working hard to process orders, handle in-store sales, and help as many people as we can.

-Team Rainier

Now, I read this whole thing.  I didn't see a few key things that RA is mentioning - maybe I didn't really "read it" and just "skimmed it fast" - I don't know, but I'll go back and read it again with new focus.  I didn't see that they fuckkin' INCLUDED PARTS LIKE BCGs INTO THIS STEAMING SHIITPILE OF LEGISLATION... 

When the FUQ is a BCG a GUN?!!?  Never, is the correct answer.  Hand the Agent the BCG, and tell him to pull the trigger and shoot it...   Unpossible.  This whole thing is tragically fukked up.  Completely, totally, unequivocally. 

Fuckin' Wet Side Idiots.  They've ruined that Beautiful State.  Fukked it all up, beyond repair.

I used to be proud to be a Washington State Resident, for the 12 years I lived there, and 3 more after I left the state.  When I retired, I had to change to Arizona Residency - and I liked that too, then.  Now, I'm wondering how fuckin' Blue or Purple my amazing AZ State is becoming, and what's in it's future. 

• 4 weeks later...

Le is exempt.. lots of comments to areo is don't sell to le unless they stand against the governor. Not a likely issue. They will buy other companies items. I recently saw a Bearcat for the first time headed to a stand off near my work. They already have good shits!  Magwa make some room brother.. just saying? Areo might be moving soon. I follow an AG arms guy that just moved recently.  Your state is the next best thing!