• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recteq grills

Madhouse

Do any of you have one of these?

I've got my Louisiana Grills egg-style smoker, and my Blackstone flat-top, and my 13-year-old Char Grill gas grill has just about given up the ghost.  I've rebuilt the internals 3 times already but it's too far gone to bother again, so it's going to the scrap yard.  To replace it, I ordered a Recteq, which will be my first foray into the pellet grill world.

36 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

If you are considering the "rule," he said that he has already ordered one.  He just doesn't have @98Z5V's timing down yet. :lmao:

I must admit, Todd is getting pretty good at this, with the topic creation entrapment.   :hail::thumbup:

I still need a vote on my "The Rule" proposal.  If you can pull off an entrapment topic, intentionally, and someone takes the bait, calls you on "The Rule..."

Then that sucker should have to buy one, too, and test it, and report back...   :laffs:

"The Rule" is serious business...  :lmao:

On 4/23/2023 at 9:12 AM, Madhouse said:

I've got my Louisiana Grills egg-style smoker, and my Blackstone flat-top, and my 13-year-old Char Grill gas grill has just about given up the ghost.  I've rebuilt the internals 3 times already but it's too far gone to bother again, so it's going to the scrap yard.  To replace it, I ordered a Recteq, which will be my first foray into the pellet grill world.

If for some reason I couldn’t get another GMG I’d buy a rec tec! They’re great! 

On 4/23/2023 at 9:12 AM, Madhouse said:

Ps if you’re going to be using it like you would your gas grill look into a set of grill grates for searing 

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Holy Shiit!!!   That has to be about $3k in wood!!!   How big is the Chicken Mansion gonna be?!!?  Dusty is like...     :banana:

that was only $400 in lumber…it’s getting better. That’s most of the wood for the 8x16 run going off the side. Just finished the trim on the side the run attaches to…now I can pain that and start the run. Eff me. Let’s build a chicken coop…it’ll be fun. If I didn’t try to overkill stuff, maybe it would be. All I know is I better get laid for this one. 

sorry for the hijack. The Rule is No inside joke. You been here long enough to know that one. Is there another joke floating around?  Serious question. I skimmed the thread again and probably missed it, lol. 

E8F78C62-2AFA-4B95-84A8-733AE7D7A064.jpeg

FE09DD26-4BC2-4509-A54B-486A4F5FBD17.jpeg

Damn...   That's big enough for a "Granny Pod" right there...  :laffs:

3 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Well, I must say, I'm on the outside of whatever inside joke this ruling thing is.

This was on Drew, completely.  He started The Rule sometime around 2011 or 2012...   It's rarely been able to be invoked - but when it CAN be invoked, it's usually expensive...   :lmao:   This is it:

Here is THE RULE:

"If you post, inquiring about a product, be it new or old, and no one responds with a review within 48 hours, you are hereby required to buy said product, and review that product, so that this rule doesn't apply to the next person with the same inquiry. "The Rule" shall not apply to the announcement of new or upcoming products, unless there is some context inquiring as to who will be the first to assume ownership of said product. At that point "The Rule" will once again apply to the poster, who will be obligated to be the first in the stated question.

While this shouldn't need to be stated, pictures are required, or that s*** didn't happen."

On 4/23/2023 at 4:41 PM, Madhouse said:

That makes sense, thanks.  I watched how they "reverse sear" on these.

I love the reverse sear, @DNP first showed it to me with tri tip. Now I do it with mu steaks when I got the time too I should try it with some thick cut pork chops. 

16 hours ago, DNP said:

that was only $400 in lumber…it’s getting better. That’s most of the wood for the 8x16 run going off the side. Just finished the trim on the side the run attaches to…now I can pain that and start the run. Eff me. Let’s build a chicken coop…it’ll be fun. If I didn’t try to overkill stuff, maybe it would be. All I know is I better get laid for this one. 

sorry for the hijack. The Rule is No inside joke. You been here long enough to know that one. Is there another joke floating around?  Serious question. I skimmed the thread again and probably missed it, lol. 

If it is staying in that position, put a game cam behind it. You will have predators using those bushes for concealment as they try to figure how to gain entrance. It usually takes them a while to figure it out so the camera should give you some warning. 

Lol, y'all are nuts. 

Ok, so, this is a nice piece of equipment.  Took me a bit to assemble (legs, folding tray, electronics tray, handles, etc.), maybe 2 hours taking your time.  Cleaned the grates, did the 400 degree for 1 hour burn-in process and last night cooked a Boston butt.  Coming from my lump charcoal kamado style smoker, this thing is so easy it's like cheating.  Set it and forget it, wait for your phone notifications to tell you when it's ready.  Nice interior light, 40-lb hopper holds a shit ton of pellets.

RT01.jpg

RT02.jpg

RT03.jpg

Hell yeah!  The 40lb hopper is a nice feature. Those grills have a lot of neat stuff going on…I’ll be happy to hear how it works out for you over the next few months. Congrats on the purchase…you won’t be unhappy, I’m sure of it. 

On 4/23/2023 at 8:02 PM, DNP said:

Great job brother :hail: