• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The US Constitution...

98Z5V

I love the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and everything that goes with it.  I've sworn to defend it, against all enemies, Foreign and Domestic, for several years of my life.  For all of my young life.  It guided me into life now, along with the Ranger Creed. 

When looking at all that, getting into the Bill Of Rights, here's the 2A.

Here's directly what alot of people do not understand about the US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights...

These documents, from our fore fathers - they don't tell you, as an individual, what you CAN do, or what your rights are.  They directly DO tell you what the US Govt cannot do against you.  The Constitution doesn't restrict you, as an individual, in any way - it restricts the government, in every way.  The Constitution breaks down your individual rights, that are given to you, that the government cannot infringe.  These are God Given RIghts.  And it's all spelled out, in detail. 

It's not a document for individuals, it's a document that directly spells out what the government cannot do.  Period. 

Somehow, this is all "misunderstood" now, and I don't get it.  All they have to do is read the fucking thing.

Off my :soap:

I love the US Constitution.  In my opinion, the 10th Amendment of the Bill of Rights has become the most trampled amendment.  In effect, the 10th Amendment states that the powers not specifically given to the Federal government belong to the States and the People.  Ask yourself, how many powers are currently being exercised by the Federal government, and the regulatory bureaucracy that has evolved therefrom, which are not granted by the Constitution.  My answer to that question is the vast majority. 

I also like looking at what's been changed from the original. One of those things is the original requirement that all national currency be based on silver.  The founding fathers had directly experienced the collapse of European fiat currencies and knew the dangers. History repeats itself when forgotten.  That's why the dollar is becoming more and more worthless.  You could easily eat for a month, or make a monthly mortgage payment on your farm on an 18th century dollar.  Today that same 21st century "dollar", which is now backed by the full faith and security of the "Federal Reserve" - as opposed to silver, might pay for your breakfast if you cook it yourself and buy frugally at Aldi.

OK off my soapbox as well. (I don't know how to do the little emoji thing).

quite a few of my Indian friends always ask me why do you love this country so much ? I tell them look at what i have been allowed to do with my life anything i can think of as long as I don't harm anyone but myself... brothers I was lucky and blessed to be born in the greatest country ever created.......

As an 'outsider' here are a few of my observations...

Not this group here but I think a lot of Americans don't understand nor appreciate the US Constitution and Bill of Right and the frame work it lays out.

To me the first thing that comes to mind is the system of checks and balances by the separation of power in the government, which is ensured through the establishment of three different branches: the executive branch, the judicial branch, and the legislative branch. All hold different powers and, therefore, can check the power of the other branches.

Even with the existing US Constitution to look back at and refrence in developing it's own constitution, no country has come close. Especially in limiting the over reach of government and laying out the rights of it's citizens

You nailed it.  And it's origin - being oppressed by a (then) tyrannical England.  You nailed it right on the head, brother. 

The originators of that framework and those documents were well versed in being oppressed, fighting back and beating it, and what to do in the future, about it. 

The strong men had to beat weak men, in this own country, in order to get that all approved - and everyone had to fight like hell - but the framework for this country was not an accident.

Edited by 98Z5V