Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ment the little fish you caught.Lol....I also wrap the fish in foil.Unless it's a big slab.

Yea I know lol I cleaned then this morning didn't have time last night.

Sea what about skin on scaled filtets with olive oil and some seasoning?

Those two salmon steaks I did one with Cajan seasoning and a lil olive oil the other salt garlic parsley and paprika with some olive oil to make it all stick

^^^^ That's how I would cook em brother Neal :drool: .If they have the skin,skin side down.

i did skin side down but they were thick so I got a piece of foil oiled it up and flipped them skin side up and seared them turned out pretty good

Might lightly smoke some next, got a big bag of them from a resturant supply store I service called Gordon Food Service

Yea I know lol I cleaned then this morning didn't have time last night.

Sea what about skin on scaled filtets with olive oil and some seasoning?

Those two salmon steaks I did one with Cajan seasoning and a lil olive oil the other salt garlic parsley and paprika with some olive oil to make it all stick

Nope no skin or scales left looks like the foil it is. I fry them all the time just wanted to try something different with them, not that I'm tired of eating them fried. In fact let me get my recipe for fried crappie and post here its a beer batter.

1 box of golden dipt beer batter by McCormick

2 tbls lemon pepper season

1 ts    garlic powder

1 ts    paprika

1/2 ts pepper

1/2 ts season salt (lawry's)

1 bottle of pale ale

I'll put all the spices and batter mix in a zip lock bag mix together then I'll take what I need for the the fillets and put the rest back till latter since I'm the only one that eats fish in my family.

Mix the batter mix with just enough beer until its the right thickness for you.

Heat electric skillet to 350* with enough oil to fry fish until golden brown and enjoy 

I'll get some out this week and fry so I post a pic for you guy's and trust me, make sure you make enough because you won't be able to stop a couple of fillets.

Sea your fry recipe looks great :) Wash

Here you go Wash I fried some up today  <thumbsup> post-12828-0-91657100-1395361198_thumb.j

Added a couple of my wife's veggie bars.  post-12828-0-97306000-1395361222_thumb.j

Then I had a tiny bit of batter left and made some crunchies  like Long John Silvers.                                                                post-12828-0-15249500-1395361248_thumb.j

1 box of golden dipt beer batter by McCormick

2 tbls lemon pepper season

1 ts    garlic powder

1 ts    paprika

1/2 ts pepper

1/2 ts season salt (lawry's)

1 bottle of pale ale

Did this tonight, brother - AWESOME!  Didn't have any paprika in the house, and I wasn't going out for any, and I have to admit - it's great without it!  I'll get some more for the spice cabinet, and redo this one.  <thumbsup>

Sea   those are nice!    almost looks like a tempura batter....if the lakes around here wernt so low I would have some crappie....serious drought...my crappie lake is over 40% low   :)  Wash

Should make easier to bring those slabs home, not as much water to hide in :yup:  I guess the spawn should be earlier down there since you guy's warm up sooner. 

Brother you need some rain  :eek:

Yep...all the lakes in N Texas are way down....Heck lake texoma which borders Texas and oklahoma

a very very large lake that gets its water from the red river is 7 ft down..a friend that has a cruiser up there cant even get out to the main lake from the marina..had a boat up there in the 80's for a lot of years....never ever was low :) Wash

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic