308 Bolt Carrier Group Buy

imschur

Would you be interested in a Bolt Carrier Group "Group Buy"  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Bolt Carrier Group "Group Buy"

• Yes - If the price is right
    • No
    • Maybe

I need one to finish my build & have the money for one , but what kind of deal are we going to get ? Also how long will we have to wait for them once ordered ?

I can get a Chromed one for $250 & an phosphate one for $ 210.  Yes they are DPMS & I believe that's what FA sells ,because mine is from FA & has a "D" on it which is supposed to mean DPMS.( at least that's what I've been told )

Interested ,Yes.

Guys we are getting ahead of ourselves. As i said in my first post i am gauging interest before I approach anyone for price and delivery. The complete .308 bcg seems to be the one of the more difficult parts to get at this time and that is the primary driver behind this endeavor and not cost alone.

Currently complete bcg's show up in small spurts or low prices with no stock from dealers accumulating purchases to get a bulk price.

FA is charging $289.95 for a chrome carrier and DPMS is listing the BP for $289.95. Even if we get 25 or 30 folks that show interest the price still may not be the absolute cheapest you'll ever find as other sources  order in much larger quantity.  My goal here is a fair price and reasonable delivery.

Tomorrow Im going to send this question out in a newsletter as well as get it on the main website.

Lastly please vote your interest in the poll so I dont have to go through the replies to perform a head count. I dont have 10 fingers so I lose count quickly

So please be patient. In the meantime If you see a good deal grab it and tell the rest  of us  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

i need one soon. we all know JSE's prices and i was leaning to wards that option. if the group buy was for one that would have serations for the forward assist. do we even know if those are functional on a DPMS A3 upper? anyway, thats where i stand. id expect to pay a little for one with the extra machine process. please let me know

if the group buy was for one that would have serations for the forward assist. do we even know if those are functional on a DPMS A3 upper?

The forward assist on a .308 AR won't grab the serrations on the BCG, but the forward assist is functional - it grabs the shoulder on the .308 BCG where it goes from smaller to larger.  You can seat the bolt in the extension with the forward assist. 

There's so much more chambering force in a .308 AR over a 5.56 AR, though - if the BCG doesn't fully seat on a live round, something else is wrong. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...