• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Battle Arms Develpment BAD-DBM

The Battle Arms Development BAD-DBM, Detachable Box Magazine Bottom Metal setup, made for the Remington 700 Short Action bolt-action rifles.

Besides changing the Rem 700 to a magazine-fed rifle instead of a top-loading rifle, one very, very nice feature on this system that distinguishes it from similar setups: the magazine release that's integrated into the trigger guard.

BAD-DBM-4.jpg

BAD-DBM-3s.jpg

BAD-DBM-7s.jpg

I've got this setup on the way to me, and it should be installed and shooting by next weekend (hopefully).  I'll be trying a few experiments with this, so stay tuned on the progress.  As soon as it arrives, I'll have two of the experimental answers immediately, and the third following shortly thereafter.  As soon as those tests are finished, it's going in this Remington 700 SPS Tactical, AAC-SD version:

700AAC-SD10Jun12.jpg

100_0418.jpg

As always, Roger, it's great to talk to you on the phone - with everything in the shipping package that's on the way, I'm positive that Robocop is going to be slightly disappointed at the end of this summer...  <lmao> <laughs>

Thanks again, Roger.  <thumbsup> :happydrunks:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to your evaluation of this product. As always, if it's from Battle Arms Development, it has to be great........

That's the exact thing I said to Roger about it - there are lots of DBM setups out there, but knowing this comes from BAD, I don't have to worry about any kind of quality, workmanship, functionality, or warranty issues.  Can't wait to get it in my grubby paws...  <thumbsup>

Thanks Tom  :D

We have been working together with Randy Cain at R+D Precision, who was part of the development team before we obtained the rights to what is now the BAD-BDM.  It was a great product when it was released in limited numbers, after we got our hands on the design, we spent another year refining it further.

It was one of the projects that absorbed a lot of time and resources, the end result will show the typical attention to detail and quality we're known for  :)

Received the parts already - almost 48 hours after hanging up the phonecall with Roger, and the order was here waiting for me to pick it up.  <thumbsup> :happydrunks:

Here's a comparison between the Rem 700 SPS Tactical factory polymer "bottom metal" parts against the BAD-DBM.  Minor inletting will need to be made in the Hogue OM stock, but it's very minor.  Can't get to that tomorrow night, but I'll do it Friday night. 

100_0431.jpg

100_0432.jpg

Tests one and two are a pass.  Test one was the factory Ruger Gunsite Scout 10-round mag, made by Accurate Mag - fits in there like a charm:

100_0433.jpg

Test two was the Ruger GSR polymer 10-round mag - also fits like a charm, and fits slightly tighter than the Accurate Mag (same way on the Ruger GSR, too).  Love it.  Suggested retail on the 10-round polymer mag straight from Ruger is $39.99.  Score.  ;D

100_0434.jpg

I have a couple more tests that I'll do with the BAD-DBM, but those will come next week.  Friday night I'll inlet that stock and function check the loading, and Sunday it's gettin' live-fired with the 10-rounders.  <thumbsup>

Again, I can't thank you enough, Roger.  Sincerely.  8)

Got the stock inletting finished tonight, and function checked both styles of magazines.  The Ruger GSR Accurate Mag functions flawlessly for feeding and ejection of rounds. Kinda knew that was gonna happen.  Surprisingly, the Ruger GSR polymer mag won't feed rounds.  Disappointing.  It might grab the top round once in awhile, but if it does it won't grab the next.  Might be the thick feedlips...  Gonna try a few things...  <thumbsup>