• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Battle Arms Develpment BAD-DBM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

innocent bystander who still can't catch his breath  <lmao>

really?@!...  <laughs> <lmao>

At any rate, I figured I'd toss together a lower and get this one off the ground.  Other parts are inbound as we speak.  I also have a line on a supply of Fuzzy Pink Bunny Slippers...  <thumbsup>  All Sizes...  <laughs>

post-71-136297277518_thumb.jpg

I just got offered a ripping' good deal on a mint condition 700 in .260 Rem. I think I'm going to have to rethink my stance on that offer. Effin' Tom and his BDM!!

Rob, if you pick up this DBM setup, I'll inlet your stock for you.  Just sayin'...  <thumbsup>

<munch>

Put six magazines through the system yesterday - 60-rounds.  Performance was flawless, and it actually feeds each round a little more smoothly than the stock setup.  Having the mag release right at the fingertip makes it nice to unload/drop the mag.  The Accurate Mag drops free on an empty, without hesitation. 

Originally, the polymer Ruger mag wouldn't drop free on it's own, and had to be pulled out - since it doesn't even feed rounds, that's not really a limiting factor here. 

I still have a few more comparisons to make between the Rem 700 setup and the Ruger GSR setup (Ruger M77 action).  I'll get that done soon and get the details to you, Roger.  <thumbsup>

VERY happy with this system.  VERY.  ;D

The Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle (GSR) stock magazine...

The Ruger GSR ships with the steel Accurate Mag, 10-round magazine.  Ruger GSR owners know this as the "ELEVEN-ROUND magazine..."  It really does hold eleven .308 Win rounds.

As a quick check on my GSR, when I got it, I loaded 10 in the mag, put one more in the chamber, and closed the mag on the catch.  Never thought to go more...  ;D

On this conversion, I've loaded eleven in the mag, loaded the chamber, and closed the mag (without any force) into the magwell.  That's 12.  In a .308 bolt gun.  <thumbsup>

I don't think there's any difference in the "regular" Accurate Mag 10-rounders and with what Ruger ships - not confirmed, though.  I'll order another 10-rounder from Accurate Mag just to find out.  At any rate, as it stands now, the Ruger "stock GSR" 10-round Accurate Mag will let you hold 12 x .308 Win rounds in a Rem 700 with Roger's DBM setup, eleven in the mag and one in the chamber, mag closing easily.  <thumbsup>

Empty mag in rifle:

100_0447.jpg

One full box of Federal 180gr softpoints, ready to go:

100_0448.jpg

10 in there:

100_0449.jpg

11th one in there, in the stock Ruger GSR "11-rd mag:"

100_0450.jpg

Mag loaded with 11, and 12th one in the chamber:

100_0451.jpg

Bolt locked on #12, 11-rd mag seated and locked, easily:

100_0452.jpg