• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lancer systems

george_995

I wish Lancer systems would develop magazines for the 308 platforms. I love the translucent smoke 30rd mags for the ar15. I think they could bring a strong alternative to the table for a reliable polymer 20rd mag. Nothing against magpul, I use their products, it would be great to have different option for the polymer mag.

I like their receiver and cf freefloat tube as well. Since there are already other platic mags on the market  (Troy, Tango Down) I'm assuming your saying you'd like someone to offer a transluscent mag for the .308. I was wondering why Magpul hasn't offered a windowed .308 P mag as they have for the .223?

I didn't think about tango or troy. Still think a 20rd or 25rd ;D smoke magazine w/ the ergonomics of an armalite mag would look badass sticking out the bottom an ar10/variant. I am actually fixing to email them about this, possibly will spark a fire under them <dontknow>. Maybe a petition of interest could be formed/created to let the company know that there is a consumer interest.

I agree I have almost exclusively switched over from PMAGS. I love lancers mags they are slimmer lighter and fit where the PMAGS don't. I also like the added reliability of the steel feedlips. I was just thinking the same thing. I wish that they would make a AWM magazine with the SR25 profile like those for the DPMS .308.

I am going to shoot Lancer an email asking just that.

• 1 year later...

This looks like their answer for the 7.62 mags, that they've got figured out for the 5.56 mags. Figured out QUITE well.

I love the hell out of their 5.56 mags. I won't ditch the Pmags that I've got, for anything, and I wouldn't stop buying Pmags, but I've been stocking up on Lancers for quite awhile now.  I buy more Lancers now than I do Pmags, when I find them.  <thumbsup>

Mike, 

We expect the magazines will be available to consumers in April

Thanks

Scott Vilardi

Business Manager

Advanced Weapons & Components

Michael,

Tactical Gear Distributors and Acusport have pre-orders placed.

Thanks

Scott Vilardi

Business Manager

Advanced Weapons & Components

Edited by survivalshop

Pricing information - obviously, this is Lancer's MSRP:

5-Round L7
Opaque Dark Earth: $47.49
Opaque Black: $47.49
Translucent Smoke: $54.99
Translucent Clear: $54.99
Translucent Dark Earth: $59.99
Translucent Black: $59.99

10-Round L7
Opaque Dark Earth: $43.99
Opaque Black: $43.99
Translucent Clear: $44.99
Translucent Smoke: $44.99
Translucent Dark Earth: $49.99
Translucent Black: $49.99

20-Round L7
Opaque Dark Earth: $44.99
Opaque Black: $44.99
Translucent Clear: $49.99
Translucent Smoke: $49.99
Translucent Black: $54.99
Translucent Dark Earth: $54.99

For those that question the pricing differences between the translucent and opaque mags, it's more difficult to manufacture a translucent mag, and the material costs are a little higher (to maintain the same strength).  There is a real manufacturing difference, so there's a cost difference.  <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience w tango down mags? Brownells had them for $5 yesterday so i snagged a 6-pack. figure i cant loose at that price.

I purchased tango mags when they first came out. I was in Afghanistan, and they were overly thick, and could not be disassembled for cleaning. I had hoped they would fix my m4 jamming problems, but they did not. Maybe nothing could...

They didn't fit into my mag pouches. I sold them for a song.

I guess you know all this by now since you bought them, but that was my experience, I hope yours is better!