• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Obama Orders Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers

imschur

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

Here's the list of new wages, as attached to President Obama's executive order:

[img height=358 width=513]http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/pay.jpg

"A new executive order has been issued providing for a new pay schedule beginning 'on the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning after March 27, 2013,'" reports FedSmith.com. "The pay raise will generally be about 1/2 of 1%."

Jeryl Bier points to an example of the pay increase for average government executives:

bier.jpg

"Not much of an increase, but an increase all the same," Bier notes.

And the timing isn't great either: Just as President Obama and Congress try to avert going over the "fiscal cliff," he doles out pay increases to federal workers.

A fine thing. I can't think of anyone that deserves a raise less than the clowns in congress.

(With the possible exception of Joey B)

I think they should work exactly the opposite from a "real job"

The highest pay they ever make would be in their first year.

It goes down from there.

If they run for re-election and win, the second term pay scale starts at 50% of the final year of the first term.

It continues to go down until they work for zero.

If they stay beyond working for zero, they begin paying it back.

Actually, i can't think of a better time for the people to begin circulation of a Constitutional Amendment addressing term limits for all elected offices at the federal level.

They haven't even been able to do their own fucking jobs, that they were elected to do.  In the private sector, you get fired for that.  These assholes get a pay raise...  for not doing their jobs.

When was the last time they performed the very minimum in their job capacity, and what their job calls for - and passed a budget?...  Something to look into...  <thumbsup>

Yeah, but these jerk-offs couldn't even agree with what they're gonna have for lunch....more or less agree on budget items.

I'm with you brother. Fire every last one of them! A whole round of newbies up on the hill couldn't really Fornicate things up anymore than the current nim-rods.

Looks like the board of directors is coming to a consensus, I agree wholeheartedly. Fire the bastards!

Well, I think this whole thing was smoke and mirrors - Jon and I were talking about this yesterday.

A couple days before the Fiscal Cliff BS, the announcement of their pay raise hit the public - right in the eye.  So, more talks, politicians trying to solve the money and tax problems, and some of them need "a compromise."

What, exactly, was compromised?  "Agree to stop the pay raise, and we'll agree to the tax-solution proposal..."

Smoke and mirrors.  NOTHING was really compromised, was it?  "If we say we'll give them a pay raise, we can use that as a target - to give up - to get what we want..."  Fucking worked, too.

Also, they were supposed to solve the tax problem, AND the deficit (spending) problem.  The tax problem looks good on paper, but is bullpoopy in reality, AND they didn't do poop with the deficit (spending) problem.  Nothing.

We have a Deficit problem in this country - a Deficit in Leadership.

And this "fiscal cliff" deal only covers the next TWO months...then back to the "Whoa no the government is going to come to a screeching halt if we can't spend more money and raise taxes" crap.

Dude NAILED it on the radio today.  In two months the (D)s will get another tax increase on even lower incomes, and the ®s will get nothing...again.

Let's see if they can realize it before they vote for it.

Jon