• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shootings in LA - Cop getting revenge

98Z5V

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just announced him as a "Domestic Terrorist" in a news conference.

<laughs>  <lmao>

If you recall, the first action that Obama's Justice Department took back in 2009 was to bust "terrorists" that would be considered "far left", environmental activists.  And the "right" sort of settled in with a "Well, ok then," sort of attitude.

Same thing with this dude.  Pro-Hollywood, pro-Obama, pro-antigun movement.  And the reaction from ® politicos will be the same..."Oh, well, if you're going after those kinds of domestic terrorists, then ok!"

We're not in "the same boat" as him...we're in a big huge fuckin' freighter with thousands of shipping containers, all labelled differently.  Which ever label they decide to strike, well that's okay with the media and with the politicos.

We the People had better wake up and realize what boat we're on.

Jon

And were all up the creek without a paddle

"They" (those in positions of power & authority) feel they are better than the rest of us, know how we should live better than we do, and how to guide our destiny.

Take the time to read over the negotiations of GATT, any of the _AFTA agreements (they are getting ready to pass TAAFTA now), WTO, IMF, any of that bullpoopy.  They see national populations (the world populations) as inconvenient chattle, another resource to be exploited politically and commercially.

We need a global scale French Revolution...kill all the elitist-thinking asswipes with a good neck fuckin'.

Jon

I think all the liberal love fest in the manifesto was completely made up to keep the guy from becoming a folk hero or martyr. Make him look bad on all fronts and the sheep wont question you when you send a missile up his ass with no trial. Its been working overseas for years...lets try it over here. The American people are just about stupid enough to buy it hook line and sinker.

Just what I said above.

Paint someone as the right kind of whacko and you can kill who you want.

Jon

I AGREE. I didn't read your post.(skim/ beer intake <thumbsup>)

I strongly disagree with the use of Drones on all fronts. I look at drones as coward type devices like that of IED's. It is hard for me to say that when these drones are helping our guys overseas. But the technology has huge potential for abuse/ misuse by the gov... Especially with the current admin... :hornet: :soap:

I'm sure that I have read only a fraction of the information that has been printed/posted, about this, but I'm wondering how LAPD can get away with shooting up unarmed people that don't even fit this guys description and are driving different model vehicles than he is supposed to be. Either they are trying to silence him before he can be aprehended, or they must be some of the most inept LE in the country. And these are the people that the present administration feels are competent to carry guns while private citizens are not considered responsible enough, and they want us disarmed. Based on the LAPD shooting unarmed people going about their business, maybe we need guns to protect ourselves from them. It seems to me that this whole situation is a good example of why we need to be armed, not why we shouldn't be.  And that doesn't even begin to address the implications of them using the drones on American soil. Looks like things are proceeding very quickly towards a future that many are unwilling to believe could ever happen in America.

As an active duty LEO, I love UAVs.  They are cheaper and quieter than traditional aircraft and can be deployed in all types of weather.  UAVs have provided me with intelligence of targets when it was unsafe for pilots to get in the air.  Sadly, none of the domestic ones and a limited number of those overseas can deliver armament on target.  I know that this sounds bad, but if deadly force is warranted, what does it matter if threat is eliminated by a 9mm, 45, 5.56, 7.62, asp baton, vehicle or high ordinance?  The truth is it doesn't.  Those who have been through Deadly Force/Shooting Reviews know that it doesn't matter how threat died, but rather or not the use of deadly force was justified. 

In the case of Chris Dorner, it appears that this guy wasn't cut out to be in law enforcement.  He has shown no regard for human life, innocence and the rule of law.  According to what I have read, he appears to have a perpetual victim mentality. As far as silencing him, well from reading the manifesto, he shot is intellectual wad in that left wing scandal sheet.  They want to silence him because he has killed and shot people....and has threatened to kill more. 

There is no excuse for the LAPD shooting without probable cause.  They should be sued and people should be fired. 

I know people jump on Waco as the paramount example of Govt Abuse.  Four ATF Special Agents were killed serving a lawful warrant in broad daylight (not at zero dark thirty), the Davidians Refused to surrender after the cease fire, and negotiations went to crap with the functional equivalent of hostages inside.  I find it hard to believe that anyone with the same intel would not opted for a tactical option. 

This Dorner issue is just another reason that law abiding citizens should own and carry whatever they want since the cops can't protect them, hell they can't even protect themselves.

but if deadly force is warranted, what does it matter if threat is eliminated by a 9mm, 45, 5.56, 7.62, asp baton, vehicle or high ordinance?

When people in government bypass due-process with "kill lists", any deadly force comes into question.

I know people jump on Waco as the paramount example of Govt Abuse.  Four ATF Special Agents were killed serving a lawful warrant in broad daylight (not at zero dark thirty), the Davidians Refused to surrender after the cease fire, and negotiations went to crap with the functional equivalent of hostages inside.  I find it hard to believe that anyone with the same intel would not opted for a tactical option.

Lawful arrest warrant for one person, David Koresh.  "Killed" is correct, as all surviving Branch Davidians were acquitted of murder charges.  When agents enter a second story window, and the last person (still on the roof) starts shooting into the window that was just entered, only then was it that rounds started coming out the wall...his fellow agents returning the fire he so generously unloaded into their backs.

The media and politicos successfully slandered the BDs so that Americans who should've been up in arms over 80+ people being killed while serving that arrest warrant for one person (David Koresh), that a majority said "Those cultist freaks got what they deserved."

That's a hell of a constitutional oath being fulfilled there by those agents, both BATF and FBI.

This Dorner issue is just another reason that law abiding citizens should own and carry whatever they want since the cops can't protect them, hell they can't even protect themselves.

Yup...agree 100% on that.

Jon

I'm sure that I have read only a fraction of the information that has been printed/posted, about this, but I'm wondering how LAPD can get away with shooting up unarmed people that don't even fit this guys description and are driving different model vehicles than he is supposed to be. Either they are trying to silence him before he can be aprehended, or they must be some of the most inept LE in the country. And these are the people that the present administration feels are competent to carry guns while private citizens are not considered responsible enough, and they want us disarmed. Based on the LAPD shooting unarmed people going about their business, maybe we need guns to protect ourselves from them. It seems to me that this whole situation is a good example of why we need to be armed, not why we shouldn't be.  And that doesn't even begin to address the implications of them using the drones on American soil. Looks like things are proceeding very quickly towards a future that many are unwilling to believe could ever happen in America.

Sure, you may be mistaken as somone else by the police, but what you are suggesting is to return fire to kill them before they kill you. The only thing that line of thought holds for you is a body bag garanteed.

You do not kill cops in exchange and then go clear it up in court as a big misunderstanding. You obey lawful orders and surender.

They were acquitted of murder, but were convicted of other charges. Don't get me wrong, it was a poop sandwich for everyone, but there is a lot of revisionist history on the part of those opposed to the FBI and ATF.  People died on both sides needlessly.  I encourage anyone to FOIA as much as they can.  The Davidians could have surrendered to LE and worked out all those issues instead of carrying on that the second coming was upon them because the Govt had laid siege to the compound.

I am fine with anyone who conspires with a foreign power  to commit terror against this Country to die a violent/horrible death, U.S. Citizen or not.  If we can eliminate them without putting our guys in harms way then I see that as a good use of tax money.....especially compared to entitlement programs.  You give up due process when you leave the U.S. and conspire with the enemy.  I can't image Thomas Jefferson or John Adams disagreeing with me on that.

In regards to Dorner, I really don't care about his fate.  I just hate to see tax money spent year after year while he blames everyone else but himself for his actions and failures.

^^^  There's a Metric poop-Ton I could say about that.  I'll leave it alone.  <dontknow>

Not that it sits well with me, but when officers identify themselves and point guns or start shooting... there is no court in the country that will recognise you "right to self defense". You are just in a stand off, or shoot out with the police.

I understand everyone likes to get all worked up these days about civil war and abuse of power and all... I'm just saying... start returning fire on police and see how that works out for ya. There's points to debate.... then there is the real world.

And this douche bag can say all he wants about that abuse of power, his civil rights, or how he has been wronged.... but he lost his argument when he committed first degree murder.

You're mixing alot of good-cop and bad-cop up in your analogies.  Example below, and it's all from one sentence.

...but when officers identify themselves and...      ...start shooting...

If a police officer approaches you, identifies himself, and starts shooting, then you most certainly have a right to defend yourself.  Absolutely.

I don't know how thick your skin is, or what your background is, so I'll leave you alone.  Most of the time, it just winds up bad.  You can say what you want about the topic, but I'm done here. 

My skin is plenty thick. Don't sweat it friend.

We do not have to get all litteral here. I do not need to say anything about good cops, or bad ones. When officers roll up on you, when they say police freeze, when they have you at gun point, or are executing a warrant... do you A.) sit there and determine whether you are going to comply, B.) argue your case, C.) return fire, or D.) none of the above??? Seriously. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you would follow lawful orders by a police officer. That's what 99% of reasonable law abiding people would do.

The original post commented that we (civilians) need to be armed to protect ourselves from the police. You can argue the need to fight tyrany all you want, and we can debate how close we are to it, or if we are alrerady past it.... but if you want to "arm yourself" to defend yourself against police officers doing their job.... ya, let me know how that turns out for you.... if you live through it.