• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTB inexpensive BUIS

EasyEJL

I've finally been figuring out what I need for going into 3 gun competitions, and at least in some of the particular groups, I need to use iron sights only. Which blows, as I have a scope, a red dot, and a reflex sight. Some will allow those, but not all.

So whatcha got?

I found my 45 deg off set irons on ebay no name brand solid built for 52$ chk it out?

have those worked out well for you? I actually posted about them a while back here

asking if anyone used them as it seemed to make sense for my planned use. that way I can mount my scope with QD rings, still have the iron sights on in case, and just pop off the scope if i'm using the rifle to compete in something that requires iron sights only.

I ran 20 rnds at 100yds it takes a little getting used to holding sideways but seemed to do the trick I have yet to do more at the range due to lack of ammo in my neck of the woods. I hit a silhouette target easy enough. To me there peace of mind in a situation. 

I have one set of $300 Troy DiOptic tritium micro sights and have purhased at least five sets of $75 Magpul MBUS (Gen1 and Gen2).

I swear by the MBUS sights. They hold a zero. They deploy instantly at the press of a button. And they go back into storage just as fast. They are built a LOT stronger than people give them credit for.

My only gripe with Magpul, is their aperture. I wish they'd make a thinner front post too.

My only gripe with Magpul, is their aperture. I wish they'd make a thinner front post too.

You can replace the front post with a skinny post from KNS Precision.  Done it many times.

I probably have a dozen sets of the MBUS sights, both Gens.  They're damn great. 

You can replace the front post with a skinny post from KNS Precision. Done it many times.

I probably have a dozen sets of the MBUS sights, both Gens. They're damn great.

Yeah, I've replaced the front sight with a Trijicon and a fiber optic. It's mainly the rear I'm want to change.

Wait wait wait...bolt GUNS?!  :eek:

Even the MKII?

Jon

Yes, plural, brother.  as in "many."  :))   I guess I lied, unintentionally - the Ruger GSR wears a red dot, so no Warne maxima rings on that one... 

There are...  9? - I'd need to take inventory... 

poop Tom has me putting them on pistols too

SMITH_WESSON_MODEL_41_SUPPRESSED-med.jpg

HAHA!!!  Awesome!  Converted!  <laughs>