• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele Triggers

BLKSHEEP

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thank you for the awesome valuable information here.

I am considering the Super 3 gun for my AR build, can you tell a difference?

On another note, I am almost there, looking to order the SD-E for my DPMS LR-308K 20" build I put together.  It's not hard to spend money, but I am trying to restrain from spending money...  :) 

Hi,

Thank you for the awesome valuable information here.

I am considering the Super 3 gun for my AR build, can you tell a difference?

On another note, I am almost there, looking to order the SD-E for my DPMS LR-308K 20" build I put together. It's not hard to spend money, but I am trying to restrain from spending money... :)

You can certainly tell the difference! Not sure what level of experience you are as a shooter, but even a beginner can benefit from a quality trigger such as these!

On a side note, one way to tell with the s3g, is with a timer and doing double or triple taps and checking your splits. I gotten down to .11 on doubles with this trigger.

^^^  What he said - I swear by a timer.  Only true way to see how you're shooting, with a real result that you can see.  You can "think" you're getting faster and better (reloads, movement, etc), but unless you're timing shots, there's not a way to see for real what you're doing.  <thumbsup>

So, I am looking at the splurge Hi-Speed National Match - Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) Trigger for the 308K build in my image.  Is anyone here using this trigger?  I am 1 in 10 concerned I will need to modify my safety Per B. Geissele.  This DMR is a nice all around compared to the Match & Service.

I am so ready to buy.  Also has anyone noticed why Geissele, Midway and Brownells stock is all empty.  Is it because of Shot Show and they have all inventory with them?

So, I am looking at the splurge Hi-Speed National Match - Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) Trigger for the 308K build in my image.  Is anyone here using this trigger?  I am 1 in 10 concerned I will need to modify my safety Per B. Geissele.  This DMR is a nice all around compared to the Match & Service.

Yep, I've got it, and love it.  Great Hi-Speed choice, too, because you can adjust lighter (into the upper ranges of the Match) and addjust heavier (into the lower ranges of the Service).  Awesome trigger.  Mine is in the Mk12 rifle. 

What safety are you running?  I've got the BADASS safety in all my rifles, and no modification was necessary, at all.  <thumbsup>

I plan on using my LR308K for Precision shooting, so I am looking for a trigger that Geissele trigger that breaks like a "Candy Kane" and is in the 2lbish 1st stage and 8oz ish range up to a pound on the 2nd stage.  That is why I was looking at the DMR.

The safety I have is the stadard one that comes with the DPMS 308 LPK.  I have not considered a  BADASS safety, is there a specific LR308 safety?

While on the subject of changing parts out, can the KNS anit rotate pins work with the Geissele Triggers?

Edited by kd5zmg

While on the subject of changing parts out, can the KNS anit rotate pins work with the Geissele Triggers?

Don't use the KNS pins in the Geissele triggers - the Geissele pins are much better, anyway. 

The big ARs use AR-15 safeties, so there's no specific 308 safety out there.