• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield XDS .45 ACP

Zebra644

First of all I would like to thank Springfield Armory for making a great little pistol and also thank and blame 98Z for his support of my recent purchase(s).

So I walk into the local gun store on my day off and started contemplating a back up gun / summer carry gun. For those of you who don't know I love 1911's period. I had shot a 3 inch officers model in a specific brand that I won't mention to avoid hurt feelings and or brand bashing. I wasn't crazy about it mainly due to the feeding problems and lack of reliability. I carry a Springfield Champion Operator with an aluminum frame as an off duty gun and I have its big brother the full rail / dust cover (FBI/HRT) TRP Operator  with a Harris rear sight.  So with this in mind I had seen and held a XDS . 45 and liked but cant find one.I also read up on 98Z's and a few others that have them.  So I picked up a M&P Shield in .40 and I walked into the back receiving area / store room area with the shield. I asked if by any chance if they has an XDS in any caliber that I could compare the two against. On eof my buds said yea this is a transfer so it cant go past here but you can handle both of them. I really liked the way the XDS felt in my hands vs. the Shield. Nothing wrong with the Shield just in my hands it didn't fit correct regardless of the size of the interchangeable back strap / grip.  So after comparing the two I walked back out, put the Shield away and was about to order the XDS .45.

So my bud comes out of the back and said hey, that XDS was a used gun that came in for a trade in or consignment and its for sale. I looked it over and it had maybe 100 rounds through it and had the barrel / hood wear that would support it. The rest of the weapon was flawless full case paperwork ect. So at a price of $425.00  <lmao>  I bought it, cleaned it and shot it.  At 10 yds I had no problem keeping a box of 50 in the 10 ring on a blue man qual target. Good enough for govmt. work lol. The only thing I noticed was as a right hand shooter I needed to keep my thumb in the grove of the frame. That gun to me being 6'5'' and 245 lbs had very manageable recoil for such a small frame. I even located an extended 7 rnd mag with the polymer grip extension. So now that I have my summer carry gun / back up gun I need to find a way to attach it to my vest carrier. My P.D. allows us to use the external vest carries that look like your uniform shirt. Any suggestions fellas?  

I just got in a XDS to change the sights to Trigicons.

Factory jig broke, trying to get the sights to move!!!!!

Found out in an internet searcd that they are "heat swedged": in place!!!!  Choices of removal, apply penetrant, and freeze for 2-24 hours, then try, Air hammer, with special ground and heat treated "bit", or mill them out.

Factory charges $50, and two weeks turn around!!!!!

NEVER in 50 years of smithing have I had this much of a problem!!!!

Just how the hell is the shooter supposed to adjust the sights?????

Respectfully

Terry

All I read was ... "Blah blah blah, Springfield Armory, blah blah blah, Springfield Armory."

If I understand this correctly, you are wanting to sell that SA Champion Operator to me, to offset the cost of your new purchase. I accept.

I already have the full rail big brother so it won't be lonely.

All I read was ... "Blah blah blah, Springfield Armory, blah blah blah, Springfield Armory."

If I understand this correctly, you are wanting to sell that SA Champion Operator to me, to offset the cost of your new purchase. I accept.

I already have the full rail big brother so it won't be lonely.

But if I sold it then my full rail TRP would be lonely, I cant do that.... LOL

Whats the difference between XD and XDm beside match barrel?  Congrats on you'r pistol brother Zebra.S.A. makes damn good firearms.

The XD has a square contour slide and a fixed backstrap.  The XDm is as you know, with the angular slide.  The XD-S has a different fire control group than the XD or XDm, pius the single stack magazine.

I'd like to see it with a 4.5" barrel and an 8+1 capacity.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...