• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Yet another trip to the gun pusher

Rsquared

So.....I went stumbling through the door of my local gun pusher yesterday. It was gonna be a good day. After all.....I was there to pick up. Since my great state of MD has our 7 day wait down to only 30 days....I was there to score a bunch of stuff that's been living in the gun pushers safe.

The short part of the story. I picked up a YHM stripped lower, 2 BRO stripped (15) lowers, a BRO 308 fallout 10 billet matched set AND my Desert Eagle (.44). I mean, how could this not be a fun time had by all? What's not more invigorating then walking out the door with your arms full of weapons and parts? Until.................................

So, we're finalizing the paperwork. You know, sign here.....initial there......spin around three times and stand on your head......you know.....typical Maryland BS. When, low and behold, a plain white (almost) non-descriptive box catches my eye sitting in the case right F-ing in front of me where we're doing aforementioned signing. The only markings that I can make out from the angle that I'm at say, (drum roll) Spectre. So I ask casually, "Hey, is that an Elcan SpectreDR optic in that box? Or is it just an empty box you found on the ground somewhere?"

Brother, was that a mistake to even start asking about that.

Well he fires back at me, that of course it's an Elcan. What else would it be? Keep in mind here, that I asked him about 6 months ago if he ever planned on carrying any of these. Only to be waved off and being told that he didn't think that he would get any of these. And of course now, he's laughing at me while saying that I could take that home with me (after paying of course) if I wanted. That rotten MF-er! This thing is a 2 grand optic. With that being said though. He had one mounted on a rifle, and after looking through it and playing with it for a couple of minutes......I really like it. After all.....that's why I asked him about them months ago. I think I like the glass better than my ACOG.

So now the torment inside begins. And before any of you enablers out there start throwing out the "go for it", "buy it", "you're not a man till you buy one" type of lines. Take another look at my tag-line. You all (at least one of you rat-bastards) have voted me into the enabler world along with Tom (enabler-in-chief). That means that I'm my own worst enemy right now.

The decisions.........decisions........decisions.....................................................

Edited by Rsquared

How much for the ACOG? Lol.

No, No, Noooooooooo. Big negative there ghostrider. I never even thought about getting rid of it. It'll always have a place on either my 10 SBR, or one of the 10 carbines (if I get the Elcan).

Do it bro.Just sayin. >:D

I'm seriously mulling it over my brother. It's a little smaller than an ACOG in physical size (not in a bad way), and a little lower profile in general....but ultraclear glass in it. Not that the ACOG is shabby in any way, shape or form. It's still an outstanding optic on it's own. Either is nice......so both should be better right? Dammit.......I'm enabling myself. <laughs>

Yeah, you would think so. Unfortunately........he knows my taste in equipment. That's one of the things that him and I always laugh about. I'll ask him why anything I want either cost's a lot, or takes months to come in (and cost's a lot). And his answer is always the same........because you like nice s h i t.

It's a curse.......

$5 says he's a lurker here. He knows what you've got your eye on....

...as far as the optic....what's the worst that could happen if you buy it? You decide you aren't fond of it and you sell it on here(at a greatly reduced cost since we will all know that it must not be "all that" if you are parting with it). It's a win win. You get to to find out if its really for you, and someone here gets a great deal if it gets voted off the squared island.

Well....glad to see that you're thinking of my best interest's there my friend. BUT....by now.....you must know that I DON'T ever sell anything. I mean, I'll always find a use for something....somewhere. Unless it's to a friend around here that is. Hell.......I'll give parts to friends before I sell them to them.

..........but that's just me.

And oh......by the way.......I've decided to get the optic. I should be bringing it home with me tomorrow. If I'm nice.......I'll throw it on the 10 SBR (Laura) and post a couple of pics of the lady with her new glasses.

YOU GUY'S SUCK!  ....................in a friendly kinda way.

.....you must know that I DON'T ever sell anything. I mean, I'll always find a use for something....

Damn.....so you saw right through that one eh?

Congratulations on the new purchase. You don't have to lie though...we all know you already took her home.

Yeah........saw through that one like it was rice paper.

BUT.....I would never lie to you guys (except maybe Rene <laughs>) . I really meant that I was getting it tomorrow. I'll take the 10 SBR to test-fit it on top of it. Just to see how it looks........before I tell em to ring it up (as if I won't). AND THEN.....my girl will have new eyes.

oh.....and I plan to make a thanksgiving desert run someday.

This year is a good year...though you might have to set aside a little money. $2k would probably cover it.

All you gotta do is show up. We will take care of food, make sure you have a ride, and figure out where you can sleep. You bring a little spare cash for beer runs.