• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Went to Casa Grande range today !

MikedaddyH

Great to see your girls enjoying the guns, seems they either start early and like it or just never want to anymore both mine still like to shoot.. also good to see someone else color tapes mags we go by color for calibers here.

After a few paint ball incidents I did not think they were mature enough for a real gun. Time cured that. I promised to get them ar15's as graduation presents, need to get a Stag left handed upper soon.

I have to color code the mag's and magwell's and I still have problems sometimes. Too many calibers.

After a few paint ball incidents I did not think they were mature enough for a real gun. Time cured that. I promised to get them ar15's as graduation presents, need to get a Stag left handed upper soon.

I have to color code the mag's and magwell's and I still have problems sometimes. Too many calibers.

Roger that we have it down to 4 now  and colored tape is the best way I have found....

Hey, I neglected to update you guys.  I told ya last weekend was "Stainless Steel Barrel Day" at the CG range, but didn't provide anymore details than that. 

I took out all the rifles with SS barrels (duh...) plus the AR45.  So, with me went the 308AR (Fulton 18.5" SS barrel), the Woody (Wilson Arms 20" SS barrel), the Mk12 (Wilson Arms 18" SS barrel), and the 16" precision gun (Spike's billet build with 16" midlength Wilson Arms SS barrel).  And the AR45.  Here be the boys:

100_0933_zps6823fdc2.jpg

The Little Woman working over the Woody:

100_0934_zps7df65339.jpg

I must say, she handles the Woody very, very well...  <dontknow>  :))

100_0935_zps54c264fa.jpg

Drew, you remember the Mk12 Mod 0 that I built from the Noveske FFL Chainsaw set, don't you?  It's this one...  >:D

100_0936_zps5a9518ab.jpg

Anyway, great day at the range.  By the way, those little orange rubber targets - the ones that eat bullets - those things are a riot!  Throw them out on the ground, shoot the hell out of them as they bounce away from you.  Unreal fun... 

• 1 month later...

Just checking to see if we are getting together at the Casa Grande Range on Sunday ?

Tom can I get a ride if I meet you at your house ? I don't want to drive the last mile and a half on that dirt road with my tires. I'll bring a green ammo box with 420 rounds of .223 to shoot.

Mike

Mike, I'll have 2 adults and 2 17-year olds in a small Nissan truck, brother.  And I can't transport anyone in the back on the Hwy between here and CG.

I have a better way in and out, besides that crazy-ass road.  All the roads have been graded, too.  Main road almost all the way there, then smooth dirt for a short distance.  Definitely nothing that would harm tires, brother.  <thumbsup>

I plan to be out there at 9am - meeting my old parts manager and step-son.

Well, the trip in to the range I was behind another pickup (not Tom's) and I guess I was too close. Six month old windshield down the tubes! >:( Safelite is gonna love me! Had a great time shooting though, and enjoyed meeting Dawn Marie and the boys. We gotta do that more often Tom! Missed you out there Mike!

Had a riot out there - original plan was to meet my old parts manager out there, so his step-son could shoot.  Kid was turning 18, and had never shot anything before.  We cooked up that plan, and it was a coincidence that Larry was in town the same weekend.  Met Larry on Saturday at Bass Pro in Phx, then again Sunday for some shooting.

Larry, the highlight of the day wasn't the 18-year old's smile from shooting - it was your grandson!  That boy had a grin on his face, bigtime...  <thumbsup>

I probably cost Larry some money on this trip, too - He got to test out the Geissele Hi-Speed DMR trigger in the Mk12, and I think he liked it.  <laughs>

He also got to test out the AR45, and I think he liked that, too...  <lmao>