• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Went to Casa Grande range today !

MikedaddyH

Took my girls shooting today at the Casa Grande range. It was their first time and they had fun. I started off with a 9mm handgun then the AR22 pistol. Then we shot the AR 9mm carbine. They shot the XD40's but didn't like the caliber, Too much snappy recoil for them. Last .. they shot the ar15's in .223 which they liked and were pretty good at. Been waiting for years to do this but I didn't think they were mature enough till recently. I have a few photos will post later.

Mike

The oldest was whining that her shoulder hurt after shooting 3 - 30rd mags of 223. LOL

The gun on top was the culprit , it weighs 6 lbs. The second gun did not bother either girl but my youngest complained it was heavy. ( 8 1/2 lbs )

post-11945-0-35412700-1375555521_thumb.j

Edited by MikedaddyH

Hemi, that's the one! After 3 rounds my shoulder filed a restraining order against me. I swear, anyone who shoots that rifle just for sheer pleasure should be certifiable as a "danger to them-self" and committed. I can't tell if Mike is masochistic for owning it, or sadistic for letting us shoot it.

Hemi, that's the one! After 3 rounds my shoulder filed a restraining order against me. I swear, anyone who shoots that rifle just for sheer pleasure should be certifiable as a "danger to them-self" and committed. I can't tell if Mike is masochistic for owning it, or sadistic for letting us shoot it.

My goal in life is to bruise as many shoulders in this group as possible !

I like to keep goals simple. Its like baiting a rat trap with cheese !

The next gun will have all of you lining up to self inflict shoulder pain... Then you will brag about it.

If that's the bolt gun I shot when we were there those girls would have a fit after shooting that thing! When I shot it my trigger finger was still healing from the table saw incident. WRONG thing to do!

Hemi that Snake charmer of yours bit my hand more than the WSM kicked you.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe the guys are whining about that WSM, brother.  I like that rig.  <thumbsup>

Today will be "Stainless Steel Barrel Day."  I'm taking all the ARs with SS barrels out, plus the AR45, and a couple 22s.  I'll get details up later, once I get back. 

I like that Winny too!

My buddy has a ultra lightweight .270 Winchester rifle with no recoil pad...makes Mike's WSM feel quite tame.

Tame ?? I have a Limbsaver buttpad on top of the stock pad. It was worst at first.

Soft with the "Maxi-Pad" installed.