• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I want a new .45!!!

Robocop1051

So I'm pretty dead set on a FN-H FNX .45 for my next Rosco. I just can't decide if I want the standard or the "tactical" model. Besides the threaded barrel and raised sights, I can't find any other differences between the two??????

On one side, I really like the stainless upper on the standard. On the other side I like the extra .5" barrel and MRDS mount.

I already found a company that'll mill the slide for an RMR, so that part is covered. I don't think I need a threaded barrel, because I can't own a can in CA. The only benefit would be to maybe put a LWD comp on the end??

Anyone know if there are more benefits to a "Tactical" model over the standard?

I've already caught wind of upgraded parts, triggers and extended mags (from +1 to x2 lengths). I'm excited for 15+1 on the hip, with 20 round reloads. That's a lot of lead!!!

I'm looking or a new duty gun. It has to be a DA/SA auto in 9, 40 or 45 (from a list of mfg's). My current Rosco is a Sig P220 Elite Stainless Carry. It's a damn good gun, but it's having issues with Win Ranger T-Series ammo. I'd also like more rounds between reloads. Having a MRDS wouldn't hurt either!!!

Edited by Robocop1051

Anyone know if there are more benefits to a "Tactical" model over the standard?

The other difference, besides the two you already listed - the Tactical is already milled for the RMR, and has a cap screwed down into place to cover the milled area. 

I've seen a stainless safety lever replacement already for the FNX.

There're mag extensions coming very soon. From simple +1 to SMG length.

There's even rumor of a new trigger system. Wouldn't mind something like the Glock fulcrum triggers.

I'm definitely going for the NiB coated RMR. Just gotta decide on which model.