• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

If you had 700 to drop and wanted a .45...

USMCbassman

M&P45 FS or XD45 Tactical ....or if you find a Sig P220 or P227 at that price, grab it and don't let go. The XD(M)45 competition is pretty nice but is around $800.

Also try the SIG P250 FS in a .45 - you may like the DAO action. I hated it.

....and if you wanna cheap out and go 9mm/.40/.357 Sig, I highly recommend the SP2022 and its earlier brethren (SP2009/SP2340).  :D

Edited by shibiwan

Search online retailers for the 4" XD45, calculate whatever your local FFL charges for a transfer into the price, and spend the remainder on a trigger kit from Springer Precision.  The wife will be able to handle that and shoot that quite well, I'd imagine.   

Ho-hum....I should've known and leave it to CA!  The Para Expert is not CA compliant (whatever in the freak that means!)  However, the Para Elite is for 300 more! :auto:

With all the suggestion of the XD's I guess I need to go and re-shoot one or two.  I shot one years ago and didn't like the feel of it.  I think maybe after years of carrying a Beretta M9 and now carrying a M45 CQB for work purposes I like the feel of a "full metal" gun. 

Shame on me, but I've never shot a Glock either...guess I should get behind one of those. 

How are the RIA pistols?  Our exchange has them in case for a really fair price.  I am by no means a gun snob; however, I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for. 

If things work out this winter; my boy and I will be returning to Kansas for a deer/turkey hunt at which time and still being a resident of Kansas I can get my hands on damn near anything and I will save my money to pick up something there. 

Thanks guys and if something else comes to mind keep it coming...gives me more resources to explore and options to choose from. 

A local shop has a Springfield Gov't Model with night sights for 726, I can push my budget a little bit, but anything beyond that and I think I'll be able to pick up that P220 (which I swore would be my first .45).  I'll look at the 227's also! 

Any of you all ever use gunbroker?  If so how was your experience? 

I have a full size tactical and a GI CS. I love em. The full size eats everything and shoots very accurately. The CS does too but prefers higher powered rounds.800fps and above. The cs is my daily carry. I love my glocks but i shoot much better with my 1911s. Plus their customer service is top notch. Ive seen it living in vegas but ive personally never needed any work. Its not a les baer or a shiney colt but a pure shooter. Btw my full size shoots like a dream on my 730fps target loads

RIA & Citadel are good budget options. Both are made by Armscor (Philippines) and QC is hit or miss on them so look over them closely before you buy it. Be prepared to upgrade internals, but overall they are decent for the price.

Their CS has a good reputation too.

-S. 

Edited by shibiwan

With all the suggestion of the XD's I guess I need to go and re-shoot one or two.  I shot one years ago and didn't like the feel of it.  I think maybe after years of carrying a Beretta M9 and now carrying a M45 CQB for work purposes I like the feel of a "full metal" gun. 

Any of you all ever use gunbroker?  If so how was your experience? 

On the .45s, the XDMs have a recontoured grip with replaceable backstraps. The original XD45 is just a pinch too big for me.

If you want a full metal high(er) capacity .45, see if the Megastar is on Cali's list.

I've used Gunbroker lots, maybe 75% of my current inventory is from Gunbroker.  Only two negative experiences.  One, a pistol where the mag would stick after firing and the guy shipped another mag...which wouldn't take full capacity.  The other one, I paid for 1,000 rounds of 7.62x51 brass and dude shipped me 5.56x45.  Said he was shipping out the return label that day, I got busy, it never came and the jackwad is no longer on Gunbroker.

Check the sellers feedback.  If they have crap negative feedback, don't buy from them.