• Visit Sportsmans Guide

AAC 300 Blackout Uppers In Stock

imschur

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SwissyJim,

What weight are you thinking of shooting? I have a 300Blk, and the 1:8 is optimized for the 205gr sub sonic round. Hornady makes a stellar projectile for it. It also shoots the piss out of the 110, 115 and 125 grain stuff I've been shooting.

I know there are 220gr and 240gr out there that would excel in a tighter barrel, but I'm pretty sure those are just FMJ/Ball ammo. Good for pokin holes... and that's about it.

SwissyJim,

What weight are you thinking of shooting? I have a 300Blk, and the 1:8 is optimized for the 205gr sub sonic round. Hornady makes a stellar projectile for it. It also shoots the piss out of the 110, 115 and 125 grain stuff I've been shooting.

I know there are 220gr and 240gr out there that would excel in a tighter barrel, but I'm pretty sure those are just FMJ/Ball ammo. Good for pokin holes... and that's about it.

Truthfully? Whatever the hell I can get my grubby hands on!

I was looking at reloading for the 220 as I have read a lot of good reports on it. But really, the only 1:7 twist I have seen is the Noveske and I've been trying to grab one for MONTHS now. I should have grabbed the Rainier Arms 8.5" 1:8 when they had them, but missed that boat too due to indecision.

The 1:8 is fine, as the 205 works for me too, but I am not going over the 8.5" length... pairing this with the Specwar so since it's longer my barrel is going shorter  ;)

Truthfully? Whatever the hell I can get my grubby hands on!

I was looking at reloading for the 220 as I have read a lot of good reports on it. But really, the only 1:7 twist I have seen is the Noveske and I've been trying to grab one for MONTHS now. I should have grabbed the Rainier Arms 8.5" 1:8 when they had them, but missed that boat too due to indecision.

The 1:8 is fine, as the 205 works for me too, but I am not going over the 8.5" length... pairing this with the Specwar so since it's longer my barrel is going shorter  ;)

From the data that I have read th "Sweet Spot" length is 9.5 inches for a 1 ~ 8 " twist barrel.

I want to try a 1~10" twist barrel for light weight projectols like 90 to 100 grain bullets, seen no data for this there might be a market for it.

The reason the 300 aac blk is so high is a supply/demand thing.