• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did you get in the mail TODAY

Cali_Ed

Got this Mecharmor TacOps charging handle for my .308 build via the group buy.  

Very nice piece:

20140811_215218_zpsvswqmfqx.jpg

Fits nicely with my Aero Precision M5 upper:

20140811_215312_zps7ajsqmbx.jpg

I really like the latch release on the rear.  Probably going to order two more of these for my AR15s

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did you get the Reminton UMC 300 Blackout.  I haven't seen that in years.  Is that he 115Gr?

220gr subsonics. Got them from our distributor. Interested? We stock a good amount of 300AAC because we specialize in building 300AAC firearms at the shop and have the ammo available for them.

Edited by shibiwan

Those are looking awesome!

What kind of CNC mill do you use?  HAAS?  4 axis, 5?   I've got a 36" x 48" 3 axis CNC hobbiest grade mill at home that I like to play around on but I'm always curious about the Big Boy gear.  What software?  Are you doing your own G-Code and toolpaths or running something ready-made?

Edited by AdamO

AdamO, what is your "hobbiest grade" machine?

Ever hear of CNC Mogul? 

I bought one about a year and a half ago to start building custom guitars but the business never really took off enough so now it sits in my shop collecting dust most of the time.

I've fired it up once since then to build myself a custom pool cue rack.

It uses nema 23 steppers, rack and pinion drive, chi-com controller board, and a craftsman router for a spindle.  Uses Mach 3 to run it.  Nothing uber impressive but it is damn accurate.   I was getting some tool chatter at first so I double reinforced the gantry rails and added some extra vee wheels to the Z axis to make it stronger (not pictured here)

I can machine aluminum as long as I'm careful not to take too much of a step down or a step over with it although the speeds and feeds have to be through the roof to get anything resembling a proper chip load since a router only spins so slow....  it's much more suited to wood though.

CNC1_zps099714f8.jpg

CNC2_zps36d442e2.jpg

Edited by AdamO

That's a nice gantry style CNC router. You oughtta be making some guitar bodies. :D

I have 2 mills and one lathe, been doing this since 2001. I do the design work (solidworks) then transfer to CAM (gibbscam) which generates the G-code/toolpaths, I go back in edit, fine tune, etc. Started out with a Fanuc Robodrill in my garage, making performance parts for ricemobiles, then got a CNC lathe, then now a 2nd pallet changer mill with the whole operation at my shop. 

Two engineering degrees, one CS degree, and a MS in manufacturing engineering..... been in school far too long.  <laughs>

2013-01-28_08-48-55_887.jpg

Not a single HAAS. :D :D The HAAS is OK but I personally prefer Fanuc controls (Siemens if I can afford it). Seen too many QC and control issues with HAAS machines while in school so I stay away from those.

The Chinese (and also the lack of any enforcement of trade/copyright laws by the federal government) have f*cked the automotive industry so it's been a scramble to grow sideways into different markets, including firearms. Gotta pay the bills somehow.

Edited by shibiwan

Not exactly today but this week has been a non stop bit of awesome so far with the deliveries.

1000rds of 556

Magpul UBR stock for my 556

Geissele G2S triggers for both mine and my wife's 556 rifles

Set of thin VZ aliens and new screws for my CBOB

Set of thin VZ Elite tactical carry and new screws for my 5in

and I'm waiting on my Buffer and spring from Heavybuffers which is in transit now. 

While not gun related I also had a lava stone show up for my Kamado grill so I can start doing lower temp smokes, breads and pizza outside.

It's been an awesome week.