• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bought a POV Camera

imschur

I went go pro first time out duck hunting I had it mounted to my barrel took 3 long shots all miss but on the last shot it flew off into knee deep water!! My stomach shot up to my neck! I dove my arm in swish swish and relief was in my hand light still blinking!! Made a pretty funny vid :)

Sony® HDR-AS30V ships with a ruggedized, waterproof housing with universal tripod mount that is built to handle extreme environments, allowing you to concentrate on safety and composition while capturing Full HD videos. Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 197 feet and has a shock resistance rating for up to 5 foot drops plus dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, and grime.

• 2 weeks later...

Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 197 feet and has a shock resistance rating for up to 5 foot drops plus dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, and grime.

What about BLOOD?  I need one that's impervious to blood...  I'm just sayin'...  <dontknow>

I need the thing to be impervious to ALOT of $hit.  When I'm usually wearing a cam, it's doing something that can cause me some pretty serious bodily harm. Not shooting, typically.  $hit with internal combustion engines.

I wish I had one on lat T-Day, when the Big CR threw me on the ground.

I had one on when I had the LT-R 450 race quad on the supermoto track - and I high-sided that biotch.  THAT was FUNNY!  I'll try to find that vid someplace...  <lmao>

I am severely allergic to high sides! Just sayin! :-[ <lmao>

Me too they make my bones hurt and skin bruise

I'll post video when it's up, but Saturday when my buddy was trying to break his ice wheelie record the go pro that was mounted to the nose of his bike came out of the mount clip and went over his shoulder at 100-105mph when I picked it up it was still blinking. I've seen footage a few time of them coming unmounted and tumbling down the asphalt

Mine came unmounted, for sure.  Some trackworker picked it up and brought it over to me.  It's pretty funny when he had it in his hand, looked down and realized it was still on, then threw some kinda Derp laugh into the camera...   <lmao>

EDIT - HAHA!  Found the vid!!!  Uploading it now - might take about 17 days to do it, but I'll link it in here when it's up. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Mine came unmounted, for sure. Some trackworker picked it up and brought it over to me. It's pretty funny when he had it in his hand, looked down and realized it was still on, then threw some kinda Derp laugh into the camera... <lmao>

EDIT - HAHA! Found the vid!!! Uploading it now - might take about 17 days to do it, but I'll link it in here when it's up.

When I picked his up it was face down I noticed it was still blinking so I turned it around and gave it a stupid look too then turned it down track and started walking towards the action

I have a a Contour HD camera & I have the rail mount & mounted to a ring mount rail . Have footage of a nice Buck miss with my crossbow @ 45 yards. Footage of me shooting a big Doe with my Slug gun @ over a hundred yards & the third shot the Camera blew off the mount , pretty funny watching the video of it spinning to the ground .

A'ight - vid is up.  This was THE first time I'd ever ridden this track, so it took a few laps to get the feel of it.   They released the sportbikes, let them almost make one full lap, then released us out in front of them.  The sportbike guys had never ridden with some idiots on racequads before, so they thought they were going out a lap ahead to kinda "deconflict" everything, so we wouldn't "be in their way..."  The track operator knew exactly what he was doing - he was giving them a headstart...  <lmao>

We start picking off the sportbike riders around the 3 minute mark - pass 'em like they're going backwards. 

I eat $hit at the 9 minute mark...  that damn puddle on the inside of that turn just kept getting bigger...  watch it until the end, though...  <laughs>

I got REALLY lucky during that get-off - when I was flying through the air, prior to impact and tumble, I made myself into the tiniest little ball I could, and prepared for the most perfect PLF I'd ever make in my life.  The whole time (seemed like an eternity of flying), the ONLY thing that was going through my mind was, "FCUK!!!  THIS CAST WILL BE ON HERE FOR TWO MONTHS AT LEAST!!!"  <laughs>

Only thing that happened - tiny little scrape on my elbow, and it SPLIT my chest protector from top to bottom, right up the middle...  Glad I had it on...