• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

EOTECH

htbde

My experience with "The Sample List" has been hit or miss as far as deals go.  Forums seem to be the best source for really good deals.  Every once in a while, I will get burned. 

I guess I'm the one doing the burning on the "lists". LOL

Edited by shibiwan

I had one, and sold it for my aimpoint. Eotechs are great but I dont like the reticle. I forgot that the other reason I traded out was becasue after 4 hours it shut down. I though it was a pain in the a$$ to remember to reach over and remove the rifle from the crusier mount and turn it back on halfway through my shift.

Edited by Zebra644

I have a couple of repair kits in my kit bag.  You can get all you need from Lonestar Parts and Equipment to keep your EOTECH running like a champ.

The repair kits are nice, but they don't stop the battery contacts from oxidizing over or from the unit draining batteries when supposedly off. I was surprised the contacts oxidized since I've never had that happen to anything else.

A little HCl fixed that temporarily.

I wonder if the dielectric grease used on car batteries would help??

It would prevent the oxidization, assuming you have a complete coating, however you wouldn't be able to turn on the sight since dielectrics are insulators (unless you had some high voltage to punch through the dielectric, but that would act the same as having an inline resistor and reduce power efficiency).

Since the EOTECH is my issued sight, I have to keep it on life support with a steady supply of batteries, repair kits, and the like.  AA's are cheap and I keep enough on my kit to keep it and my comms running.  The last one I had ran off the "N" batteries and it was notorious for draining batteries.  Not just mine, other guys as well. 

I have a couple of 512's just for the battery reason AA's are easy on the pocket and easy to find... my only knock on the 512 is that the small dot in the center is not very precise it is more a glob than a dot and that kinda pisses me off but other than that i do like the sights.

I have a couple of 512's just for the battery reason AA's are easy on the pocket and easy to find... my only knock on the 512 is that the small dot in the center is not very precise it is more a glob than a dot and that kinda pisses me off but other than that i do like the sights.

Are you sure you didn't get a counterfeit?

My 512's dot is very precise when I turn it down a little.

At full power it does tend to bloom.