• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Beachin Tactical Slings

Hey guys, I am getting started making slings. I hated the three points I was issued throughout my time in the military, I love 550 cord, and i dont like other peoples 550 cord designs. So I decided to do it my way, which like usual, is the difficult, expensive, time consuming, and logistically challenging way.

Here you go, there are two 10" sections of 550 cord per two point sling, which makes for more than 48' of 550 cord.

The one point sling uses more like 70' of 550 cord.

All designs use berry compliant materials, made in the USA. The nylon webbing is 1.5" in diameter.

The slings dont come with a swivel, due to the varied nature of sling attachment today. The sling ends in nylon strap, with a double bar metal retainer, so you attach the nylon webbing to your mounting point just like you would a backpack strap.

NCM_0469_zpszdgnukhr.jpg

My product tag says "beachin tactical, Romans 1, no excuses, no exceptions"

Its a very relevant scripture, written to the Roman church by Paul. The church faced many of the difficulties that we see today.

I am still getting started with all this, so if your interested, shoot me a pm. Ill post them in the for sale section when I get some more made, and I am a little more set up.

I am trying to get $40 for a two point, or $35 for forum members or military, plus shipping ($5)

One point is more involved, so it will be +$5

I wish I could go cheaper, but the start up costs are high, im saving for my own sewing machine, they take forever to make, and they are awesome :-)

I only have these colors for now, but any advice or input will be warmly received. Thanks for looking!

NCM_0468_zpsjcsxuybl.jpg

Edited by beachmaster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get some black 550 in once I sell a few more slings. After I buy a sewing machine, some differently colored spools of 550, and different colors of webbing will be the first thing on my list. :-)

I wish I could have started off with more colors, but the start up cost of buying all this stuff in bulk was stupid!

I guess thats why most people just weave a sling and set the attachment point at the bottom lol

I will get some black 550 in once I sell a few more slings. After I buy a sewing machine, some differently colored spools of 550, and different colors of webbing will be the first thing on my list. :-)

I wish I could have started off with more colors, but the start up cost of buying all this stuff in bulk was stupid!

I guess thats why most people just weave a sling and set the attachment point at the bottom lol

I would imagine getting findings like hooks, snaps and buckles eat money pretty fast.

I can see custom orders taking time, too. Make sure you pay yourself well for a quality product!

My DPMS LR-308T uses an Uncle Mike's detachable on the front, on the far end of the free-float tube. But, I put a one-hole thingamabobber just behind the receiver, and that takes what I believe is an H&K snap hook. So I have two different kinds of attachment on one sling. That uses a Limbsaver rubbery-strappy thingie in the middle that makes it comfy to carry.

Alright, I am getting all the slings shipped out, or in edgecrushers case, completed today! It has been incredible doing business with all of you guys!

Shibiwan, that would be amazing! Depending on how many you want, I could figure out distributer pricing, and we could find out if you want anything specific. Let me know!

Got mine today , I had to look for the imperfection you said was on it . Good job , I put it on my 16" 308  will get some photos later . Ya know , no matter how many times I put a sling through those buckles , you seem to never have enough strap to loop it under the top one. <laughs>

Hey everyone, I thought I would let you know that I am slowly moving forward with this business venture every day.

I have finally made a Facebook page, Facebook.com/beachintactical. I would appreciate it if you could like and share the page with anyone that might be interested. I also plan on doing some giveaways once I reach a certain number of likes etc.

I cant thank yall enough. I am about to put in an order for new colors of paracord and buckles. If anyone wants something specific, let me know!

I am also considering dropping to one inch webbing and buckles. I believe this would make the hardware stronger, I can get metal attachment points between the 550 and webbing (instead of the plastic 1.5"-1" reducer loops), and it would work more easily with a wider variety of sling swivels. (Walmart only sells one inch swivels)

As always opinions and ideas are very welcome. I look forward to continued business with everyone, I appreciate the business I have had immensely, and I hope my product fulfills your needs and desires!