• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Beachin Tactical Slings

I've been pulling and twisting pretty hard on my new Beachin sling and I don't seem to be getting any discernable flex from the plastic parts. There is some stretch from the woven paracord but that is to be expected.

I don't think I could ever put enough stress on these plastic parts to break them.

Edited by Microgunner

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are just shooting and running drills, you likely will never have an issue. As many of you know, its what you are doing when you aren't shooting that kills slings.

I am still running the sling on my MP5 and will keep everyone posted on the performance. It may be stronger than I am giving it credit for.

Blue and blksheep nailed it. Two lines and two different price points make sense. Just Luke Grip-pod with their mil and le versions.

Edited by StainTrain

I put a lot of pressure on my sling & there was a little flex in the thin strip of plastic separating the webbing , but very little & I put some good pressure on it to make it flex just a little. Not something thats going cause concern to me , but I wouldn't toe a car with it .

I also looked at two of my other slings , one a Magpul & I forget the name of the single point , but they also have plastic strap buckles , but they are different & probably much stronger . The magpul has there HK type attaching clip & the only thing metal on it is the actual hook . These too are of a different configuration & stronger construction.

-Top is a Specops single point

- middle is a Magpul 

-bottom is Beachin

post-11255-0-35852300-1401736182_thumb.j

Comparing the thickness of Magpul's & Beachin's

post-11255-0-39777900-1401736332_thumb.j

The thin divider is what I witnessed flexing a bit , but it did take a good pull to do it .

post-11255-0-57584400-1401736503_thumb.j

I also looked at BlackHawk slings in Gander Mountain today & they were also plastic & made similar to Magpul's .

I have field tested these other two slings mentioned , last year & I will field test this one & make a comparison . I can see it being a little too short as StainTrain mentioned though, especially with body armor & other accessories being worn . 

I wouldn't give up on plastic ones , maybe a stronger type , like those above .

Edited by survivalshop

I wish I could find the ones above, they are beefy!

I had a one point sling in Afghanistan, and I believe it was spec ops brand. It used an hk style hook, and the way it held the rifle on a Midwest industries one point mount caused the sling to fail. Luckily when it failed, I was simply taking pictures with my dad when he was able to visit my fob.

For that reason, I cant do metal on metal myself. I think it took 4 months of daily missions to break, but that is WAY to fast. It went to the trash.

I returned all my plastic components today, and i will be ordering metal 1.5", as well as an entire line of 1" components to tonight.

I have alot going on this week, and no slings are going out, but I am using the down time for r&d, hopefully the Facebook page, and preparing to jump back into this with both feet next week!

Hey brother Jacob how's you'r hand ???

My hand is doing well! I still have pain every now and then, but there is nothing better than hard manual labor to get damaged tissue back up to par, and I am up to my neck in it! ;-) Thank the Lord.

I was always taught to pray for work, not money, and I have been VERY blessed.

The next evolution of my sling will be out next week! I am excited to post some pictures up!

For anyone who is interested, my website right now is Facebook.com/beachintactical.

If you could like it, I would appreciate it, and if you could suggest it to any gun totin freedom loving friends, that would be even better.

Or if you just like seeing all kinds of far right political posts, and you don't get enough of that on your wall already ;-)

(I don't endorse facebook, in fact, I hate it with a passion. there is no freedom of speech on facebook, and facebook puts our dollar bills right into the pockets of our enemies)

Edited by beachmaster

The tripple Solomon weave is a lot of extra work and time, as well as 50% more material, so it is going to cost $50 shipped for members, and is only available with 1.5" webbing. Also, this sling is mine, and it is the last sling to use plastic hardware. I have to wait until tomorrow for my 1.5" metal hardware to come in, but I am completely set up for 1".

I have even more coming, including new color patterns and a 1.5 point sling! Stay tuned!

cool pic...but 2 suggestions.

place the gun across the red/white only. the blue is too dark and muddies up the pic.

second, download yourself a simple edit program. a hair more contrast and brightness would make that picture pop. I put a free one on my phone and a few quick touches do wonders.

that fat weave looks awesome and comfy. excited to see round 2

Edited by blue109

Haha the duct tape should stay out of pictures, you are right! Its an old military habit. maybe its an airbornething. But i can have loose ends flapping (if they are non quick adjust) and iI cant have any metal on metal.

And you are spot on on my photography of course. It took me hours to make this sling... this pattern is a nightmare. When I got done it was like 2230, my fingers were all blistered up, and i just wanted to throw something up.

From now on, my wife will be my photographer and editor. She uses ribbit, and she is really pretty good at it.

Thanks for the kind words and advice!

NCM_0526_zpsjvqx7wqi.jpg

Here is my new metal hardware! The 1.5" stuff is hard to find and a bit spendy, but everything for 1.5" is spendy, and in the future, the price will reflect that

Its kinda late, so I know the picture sucks, I apologize. Ill get some better ones up tomorrow! My camera doesnt like close ups, and it seems that the quality of pictures it takes deteriorates daily... not to mention my each room in my house is illuminated by one naked lightbulb...

I do now have black 1" webbing and buckles, as well as od green webbing.

I can get od green 1" or 1.5" hardware, but purchasing it AMD having it powdercoated is 5x as expensive. I think I will offer it as an option for extra $

I can get folliage and tan 1" hardware cheaply though :-)

I also now have black 550.

It worked yesterday , he must have deleted it on Photo bucket. I like that one also  & will have to order one like it soon .

Let me tell you about my relationship with photobucket... LOL

I use their app on my phone, and the app randomly decides to download pictures of its own choosing, then dowload them between five and twenty five times... then I rip my hair out and start deleting, which sometimes doesnt work...

Anyways, the black and tan is a good look!