• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Beachin Tactical Slings

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I do to make the wide nylon webbing work in a smaller sling is fold the webbing in slightly, and work it through... It works more intuitively that it sounds... Ill post a picture of the webbing put through the tiny loop of a magpull asap plate.

I am thinking I should offer both 1.5" and 1", but for awhile it is just going to be hard to stock everything. I am already looking to put in another $500 order. But the longer I can afford to spend every cent I make from the business, on the business, the faster things will go :-)

I got my sling today and I must stay the quality and artistry of the paracord is awesome.  Excellent work.

I had the opportunity to work with the sling today on both MK18, subgun and 308.  

These drills were performed will all my kit on. 

These are some observations:

The sling should be about 8-10 inches longer if you are running an SBR or 16 inch rifle.  The Paracord section should extend about 5 inches longer to place the adjustment in a location that is easily accessible to the shooter.  The additional length in the webbing is for those that wear body armor.

The sling did perform well once I got it adjusted all the way out on the MK18.  

I didn't fiddle too much with the 308  because the weight of the rifle flexed the polymer pieces that attach the paracord to the webbing and I didn't want to risk breaking them.  Also it had the sling maxed out the sling length to work with the rifle.   

The sling was right at home on the subgun with HK hooks.  No real issues there.  

The weakest part of the sling is the polymer components.  I have no doubts the paracord could substitute as a tow rope, but IMHO those components need an upgrade before they can be put to hard use. 

I hope this helps.  Anyone who is planning on using their sling for duty use should let beachmaster know ahead of time.  The sling is a work of art.

Stain

I got my sling today and I must stay the quality and artistry of the paracord is awesome.  Excellent work.

I had the opportunity to work with the sling today on both MK18, subgun and 308.  

These drills were performed will all my kit on. 

These are some observations:

The sling should be about 8-10 inches longer if you are running an SBR or 16 inch rifle.  The Paracord section should extend about 5 inches longer to place the adjustment in a location that is easily accessible to the shooter.  The additional length in the webbing is for those that wear body armor.

The sling did perform well once I got it adjusted all the way out on the MK18.  

I didn't fiddle too much with the 308  because the weight of the rifle flexed the polymer pieces that attach the paracord to the webbing and I didn't want to risk breaking them.  Also it had the sling maxed out the sling length to work with the rifle.   

The sling was right at home on the subgun with HK hooks.  No real issues there.  

The weakest part of the sling is the polymer components.  I have no doubts the paracord could substitute as a tow rope, but IMHO those components need an upgrade before they can be put to hard use. 

I hope this helps.  Anyone who is planning on using their sling for duty use should let beachmaster know ahead of time.  The sling is a work of art.

Stain

So are you saying it should have metal components ? I didn't notice any flexing with it on my 308AR , but I didn't put it through the ropes at the range yet . 

Yes. Metal components would make this more bulletproof. The paracord portion is extremely robust.

I can give you two instances where the polymer had flex at the range.

1. Rifle (308ar variant) clinched up.
2. Transition drills as the (rifle hanged).

I want to be clear. This is a good sling. But if you are going on hunts that require lots of stalking and/or you are going to participate in any activity that you will be laying hands on people or engaging in cqb....those pieces will need an upgrade.

Edited by StainTrain

Stain Train! Thanks for the info! I had not had that issue myself, but most of my aggressive shooting has been with a 590, and the setup might be torqued differently.

I want everyone to know that if one of there polymer pieces breaks, I will send you a new sling for free. I would appreciate it if you returned the broken sling to me, and if you could pay for shipping, but reguardless, if that is not feasible, or you are angry at the product or myself, I will ship it out free of charge and cover shipping.

I don't make a lot of money, but it is important for me to get this right, and I want to make slings that people can trust their lives with.

that being said, I wont be selling any more slings with plastic components. Right now I can not find any black metal hardware that is 1.5" in diameter, but that just means I have to look harder, and maybe find a new supplier.

If anyone feels uncomfortable with their sling, they can return it once I am making slings with metal hardware, and I will replace it with one with metal hardware for free.

Also, whatever slings I have left with plastic hardware I will simply sell at a discount with a warning.

I appreciate the imput, and I would love to get more. So please let me know anything and everything you can.

Thanks!

i think the plastic will work fine for some of us, but the metal will be an improvement for sure. Consider this forum your test bed toward making it big time! if the final draft gets the nod from guys like 98/stain/robo/edge, you know you are good to go.

I agree with Blue, only time will tell but for the average Joe these should be fine. For people using them under harsh conditions I can see the need to upgrade to metal hardware. Better hardware will drive your price up and everyone doesn't want to pay $50-$80 for a sling. IMO you should offer both, a standard version w/plastic and a tactical version with the best hardware you can find.

98, Ill get that pic to you tonight. I believe I have found some metal hardware that will work, but not exactly what I want, so maybe you can do a little better :-)

What I did find has to be custom coated, and although the option of color is cool, my cost will be going up a good bit. Because of the difficulty finding harware for 1.5", I may move to 1" specifically. The largest benefit of the 1.5" webbing and buckle is aesthetic. But who knows, maybe I will find a new source for products and I can offer both!

Although I like the idea of offering two grades of slings, I want to make every sling capable of being in the trenches, because for all I know, within my lifetime, I might be fighting in my back yard with someone who happens to be using one of my slings. Hunters might be happy with what I am offering, and I think it is strong enough for my lighter weight firearms, but I think I will make everything strong enough for any weapon in any situation, and I will try to keep the price the same.

I appreciate everyone here testing my stuff! I encourage you to push it until it brakes, so I can improve my product as much as possible! And if it does brake, I will replace it.

Maybe instead of offering a mid and high grade, I will offer 1" and 1.5", as one inch with metal hardware should be of a similar cost as what I am producing now.

as far as custom coated...I had a barrel machined. I painted it with a hi temp bake on engine paint and the stuff feels pretty tough and costs 7 bux a can. takes about a week to set up properly. there's also the usual gun coating home kits. you could probably do quite a few pieces for a low cost.

that is something that I should consider, and I know a dude who does powder coating, but the company I am looking at, strapworks, powder coats them, and sells in bulk, and it might be a little cheaper/ more time efficient to do it that way. I will just have to see how it plays out.

My current distributor is currently searching for what I need. I hope he finds it!

But I can have one inch loops in metal, and I can choose between black, tan, and folliage (acu grey blue vomit).

I am currently designing a 1.5 point sling, and a tripple wide weave pattern, and I am also learning how to use my sewing machine, so I have a lot going on right now. But I think by the end of the week I will have all my new stuff out, get some good pictures for the facebook page, and I will be on my way to supplying the best slings that I am capable of supplying!

I am sending a sling out today to be reviewed by a writer, and I am considering contacting duck dynasty to see if they would be interested in even owning my slings. If I could have them shown in an episode or two, that would be great!