• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Don't Need It Today

This winter i was out snowblowing with my ear pro on.I look up and saw the wife,she said guys in 2 trucks stoped and a couple of guys were coming toward me.They saw her looking right at them and got back into thier trucks and left.As soon as I come back into Indiana I ALWAYS have a pistol with me,no matter how short the trip to the store,around the house or anywhere else.Just had the guy at the shoe repaire add leather to the bottom of my crossbread holster to keep the barrel from rubbing aganist my leg.I walked in pulled out the pistol,showed him it was empty and showed him my carry permit.That guy was lucky,evil doesn't take a day off.Fukin anti-gunners think it's going to be paradise without them.Now they rally around Mr. Martinez and while I feel for his loss.Ina state with the most strict firearm laws to bad someone with a C.C. permit could not mitigate the loss of life.Chicago with the worst gun laws was stated an increase in gun [primarily] pistol violence.It really bother's me to have to leave my pistol behind when I cross the state line,because I obey the laws.The scumbags could give a fuk.

This winter i was out snowblowing with my ear pro on.I look up and saw the wife,she said guys in 2 trucks stoped and a couple of guys were coming toward me.They saw her looking right at them and got back into thier trucks and left.As soon as I come back into Indiana I ALWAYS have a pistol with me,no matter how short the trip to the store,around the house or anywhere else.Just had the guy at the shoe repaire add leather to the bottom of my crossbread holster to keep the barrel from rubbing aganist my leg.I walked in pulled out the pistol,showed him it was empty and showed him my carry permit.That guy was lucky,evil doesn't take a day off.Fukin anti-gunners think it's going to be paradise without them.Now they rally around Mr. Martinez and while I feel for his loss.Ina state with the most strict firearm laws to bad someone with a C.C. permit could not mitigate the loss of life.Chicago with the worst gun laws was stated an increase in gun [primarily] pistol violence.It really bother's me to have to leave my pistol behind when I cross the state line,because I obey the laws.The scumbags could give a fuk.

Let me get this right. You walked into a shoe shop and proceeded to draw a concealed pistol?

I'm glad the guy was stupid and you're still with us brother.

I'm not so sure the outcome would've been the same at our shop.

Let me get this right. You walked into a shoe shop and proceeded to draw a concealed pistol?

I'm glad the guy was stupid and you're still with us brother.

I'm not so sure the outcome would've been the same at our shop.

I had the pistol that fits the holster in a case that I opened in front of him,showed him the empty magwell and pulled the slide back to show him an empty chamber.I didn't lift my shirt to expose the revolver I was wearing.And I showed him my C.C. permit.If I draw my concealed pistol,things have already gone south.I might be dumb but I'm not stupid. ^-^   BTW it was for my XDM 9mm.

Edited by unforgiven

I had the pistol that fits the holster in a case that I opened in front of him,showed him the empty magwell and pulled the slide back to show him an empty chamber.I didn't lift my shirt to expose the revolver I was wearing.And I showed him my C.C. permit.If I draw my concealed pistol,things have already gone south.I might be dumb but I'm not stupid. ^-^   BTW it was for my XDM 9mm.

Glad I read that wrong.

I've had an XDm-9 for a few years now and really like it. How you liking yours?

Woke up this morning. Just another day off. Grabbed a pair of cargo shorts off the floor, and a t-shirt out of my pile of clothes-to-be-folded-but-I'm-too-lazy. Then I reached over to my nightstand, grabbed my PPK/s slid it into my waistband and joined my family in the kitchen for breakfast.

Now I'm sitting here, watching my kid play, reading you guys, drinking a coffee... ready for whatever comes to my door at 8:00 in the morning.

Make it part of your everyday day routine. It's amazing how people won't leave home without their phones.

my work changed policy recently concerning our duty guns. I rumor mill says someone somewhere left his gun in his car and it was stolen. it's now a pain in the butt to bring it home. they want it locked, in a case, and signed out, and signed off by a supervisor. in reverse, our personal weapons need to be locked up in the vault during the day. this hassle has caused me to be unarmed to and from work lately. this article caused me to check that laziness. thanks again jon.

funny you mention that...I think they fired him yesterday. confirmation will come Friday so we are holding off on the parade until it's a sure thing. they already changed all the door and alarm codes so it's looking good :)

Edited by blue109

For me, "I don't need it today" happens all the time. My stepdaughter and her husband both work, and both of their kids are in elementary school. They get dropped off at my house in the early a.m., and I take them to school. At the end of the day, I pick them both up.

Even with a CC permit, I can't carry on or within 1,000 feet of school grounds. Leaving the pistol under the car seat is just as illegal as carrying, when dropping off or picking up the kids. Dammm, talk about a 'target-rich environment', and there's nothing I can do.

So weekdays, generally, are days "I don't need it today" unless I'm also going somewhere else. A link for background on this:

http://thegazette.com/2013/01/04/iowa-gun-advocates-want-to-abolish-gun-free-zones-including-in-schools/

Only against the law if you're caught. I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

I've been CCW for almost 20 years... and I'm only 36. Figure that one out. Not saying it's right. Just stating opinion.

Do you really think a jury would've convicted someone if they were armed at Sandy Hook or Aurora, and stopped the shooter mid-violence? You only have to convince one.

Only against the law if you're caught. I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

I've been CCW for almost 20 years... and I'm only 36. Figure that one out. Not saying it's right. Just stating opinion.

Do you really think a jury would've convicted someone if they were armed at Sandy Hook or Aurora, and stopped the shooter mid-violence? You only have to convince one.

Robo,

I respect your position on this for a number of reasons, and I share your sentiments about the whole situation.

I can see what would happen to me if I stopped an active shooter. The jury would let me go, if the DA didn't decline charges before the jury got anywhere near the case. Hopefully.

But, what if I were busted on a school weapons rap, with no active shooters around? The DA would make it look like "people like me" are the reason why schools are "gun-free zones". And after they found guns in my house, they'd probably confiscate the guns. The local newspaper would carry a story about "suspected right-wing gun rights connections" and "an arsenal".

They might notice that I'm a white person. So the next news story would be, "White Supremacist Racist Busted While Smuggling Gun Into School Zone". And so forth.

Gosh and by golly, it's nearly like the liberal leftist progressives have made me fearful. And that's what they want.

Great reminder always be prepared, you do not buy part time auto insurance so don't have part time gun insurance train train train , in car out of car and yes lock doors check locks and when I go to a city which I try to avoid i double my efforts to be aware...... rattlesnakes are out here now and in summer as well as winter I am armed as soon as my feet hit the floor some may say I am paranoid fook them I am aware and I value my life and the life of my family...