• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Backpacks

Robocop1051

33 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Got it brother - the Hazard 4 Sidewinder, full size laptop sling bag.

https://www.hazard4.com/sidewinder.html

Yeah. I saw that one. I like the “Freelance” one also, but both were bigger than what I was looking for.

I’m still considering the “Takedown” or the “Smuggler” You can damn near put a properly built carbine in those... at least a full size pistol. I worry that the Takedown would be too big for my shortass, and the smuggler won’t hold all the shit I need (for duty). The covert smuggler would work for EDC, but I think the VERTX will be better... and VERTX is on govx.com!!!

46 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Yeah. I saw that one. I like the “Freelance” one also, but both were bigger than what I was looking for.

I’m still considering the “Takedown” or the “Smuggler” You can damn near put a properly built carbine in those... at least a full size pistol. I worry that the Takedown would be too big for my shortass, and the smuggler won’t hold all the shit I need (for duty). The covert smuggler would work for EDC, but I think the VERTX will be better... and VERTX is on govx.com!!!

I take back what I said about the Takedown and the Smuggler... both are for men much taller than I. I found this picture online, the bag on the left is the Takedown, which is about the same length as the Smuggler. The bag on the right is the Plan-C (same size as the Plan-B). I imagine I’m roughly as tall as the gentleman on the left. 

B574B136-E39B-4E98-A4A7-089AD117A344.png

• 5 months later...

Killed another zipper in a "normal" backpack at the range yesterday. Think its about time to invest in something solid. Anybody tried anything new I should look at?

Non-tacticool color...prefer black. Straps preferred but sling ok. As large as I can get away with while still being airplane carry-on safe. 

Edited by blue109

10 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I love my Hazard4 bag. They don’t make “big” bags. Tom and I both have the “Plan B” sling bags. 

I'm literally, no kidding, about to buy another Plan B bag.  I've just about worn this one out, and I'm not kidding.  It's 5 years old, and it's REALLY a daily carry, everywhere.  I don't leave home without it, and it's never far from me, if it's not ON me. What a great bag...  :thumbup::hail:

I'll salvage the old one, pack it full with med/emergency gear, and just leave it in the truck if/for when I need it.  It still functions, I've just worn a few straps away over time.  If I get a new one now, this one I have now will live even longer.  Fucking love it. 

On 7/22/2018 at 4:06 PM, Robocop1051 said:

5.11 RUSH bags are really nice, and not too hard on the wallet. The RUSH 72 and the RUSH 24 are big enough for travel and play.

On 7/22/2018 at 8:26 PM, blue109 said:

cool. ill check them out. that Hazard 4 patrol in the gray man non tactical trim is looking really good. 

Don’t order straight from 5.11 their customer service is FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!

13 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I order from DVOR or GOVX as often as possible. 

Last sept I ordered boots from them, I accidentally ordered them with out side zip, they were going thru some wearhoude transition. I finally got my exchange in January after countless calls and emails. I understand that expanding puts a a huge wrench in the works but as a customer why should that affect me on com’s and 4 months for an exchange 

• 4 months later...

Finally grabbed a new smallish pack for every day use. Badlands Pursuit in "solid" pattern. 1500 ci. Color looks somewhat grey on the website but its actually a brownish rabbit/rodent ish color. Lifetime warranty.  They fix/replace anything wether its your fault or not...you just pay shipping. they claim to put lots of R&D into fit and ergos and this pack feels really good. Surprisingly good. Im definitely interested in one of their larger packs now. 

http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/packs/pursuit-bpursld

20181208_084905.jpg

20181208_084927.jpg

5 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Finally grabbed a new smallish pack for every day use. Badlands Pursuit in "solid" pattern. 1500 ci. Color looks somewhat grey on the website but its actually a brownish rabbit/rodent ish color. Lifetime warranty.  They fix/replace anything wether its your fault or not...you just pay shipping. they claim to put lots of R&D into fit and ergos and this pack feels really good. Surprisingly good. Im definitely interested in one of their larger packs now. 

http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/packs/pursuit-bpursld

What's like for compartments inside?

Pretty simple setup. Good sized main comp with bladder pocket. slightly smaller mid with zippered mesh pocket. Outer pocket on the back. Each side has a half length pouch with a watter bottle net. Compression straps all around. "Bedroll" straps on the bottom. Main and outer pocket zippers are under flaps for extra waterproofing. zippers only go about 1/3 of the way down so top access only.

For having such a good reputation for durability id expect more stitching.  It looks pretty standard. 

PicsArt_12-08-11.02.40.png

Edited by blue109

• 5 years later...
19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Wait...  What?!  Let's talk about this airboat thing...   :laffs:

I do environmental work for a wetland monitoring company driving airboats and outboards all over the coastal marshes and into the Achafalaya Basin. Airboats are fun as sheeit to drive, but I’m glad I don’t foot the maintenance and repair bills cause them poor bastards don’t get a break from us lol. 

6 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Always great when someone is picking up the tab. Are you allowed to borrow the airboat for personal use?

The higher ups would probably get pissed if they found out, but the possibility is definitely there. I’d likely do it if it involved getting to go bowling through sounders of hogs or something like that. 

We’ve run 6.0L levitator engines(built off a GM small block)since 2016 or so. One of those got ran too hard and blew the engine so they had it swapped out for the 7.4L version, folks don’t tend to try cruising at 5K rpms anymore cause go so fast the damn hull starts skipping like a stone. Bad sheeit happens fast with them in water much deeper than a foot when you start running above 40mph. And they handle pretty sheeity in deep water.