• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shadow Ops Weaponry Question

Eastcoastlaxin

Hello all, I'm new to this site and have been snooping around looking for BCG options. I saw the thread in here about the coupon code for Shadow Ops BCG but when I went to their site, there were several "angry" posts about ordering a BCG, having their CC charged and no BCG or return emails or phone calls.. Anyone have some details on this? All info appreciated...

Thanks StainTrain. I found the whole discussion in here with what appears to be someone within SOW discussing how their company was almost run into the ground by an employee or two. I will be keeping an eye on this as I will be ready for a BCG in about a month or so... Just started building my first 308. Got a great deal on a black rain upper/lower set that I couldn't pass up...

The latest statement from the owner is that all back orders will be filled within 60 days, and going forward from there product ships in 5 days or less, or your money back. I know he has approx. 220 308 carriers that will be shipping by the end of this week or next week at the worst, that should take care of all back orders and leave a little bit for new stock. So if you aren't looking to buy for a month, it should be good, you can check back with me once you are ready and i'll give you the inside scoop.

For the record... All the complaints I've read are regarding people's lack of patience for product delivery and an expected level of communication from the manufacturer... I have not seen anything negative regarding the quality of product.

We had a guy on the FB page bitching up a storm about this exact thing, he had it in his head they were out to fornicate him. I really wanted to tell him to stfu but I just kept drilling that a lot of times the same guy that answers calls and emails is the same guy who machines and mails the sh!t.....

My biggest gripe with amateur builders is that they don't understand the difference between the 308 AR and the ar-15. Despite the growing popularity, the production rate for .308 parts is leagues behind its smaller predecessor.

Most mfgr's do a small run of .308 specific parts, then go back to their bread-n-butter production, be it AR15 or other. Once product inventory is exhausted, consumers have to wait for the next run on the machines... which can take months.

the best was that guy on FB was waiting all of 2 weeks. I definitely the frustration on people that have waited over a month, but to be foaming at the mouth was silly

Yea that's right easy I forgot about that!!!

Rob I'll remember that that's a valid point!!

And judging by how the guy acted in sure he was a complete dick a out his two week wait too

I got the email, too.  He did a helluva job with it and addressed everything.  I, too, am going to wait and see, but if he is able to keep his word and turn SOW around, I will certainly send my business his way.  

I think he learned the hard way that you can't successfully manage a start up business from halfway around the country.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all....

Just checking back in to see if there is any new info on the SOW saga? Are they good to go for orders? I was also looking on GB at these BCGs... The write up sounds good...but.........

If anyone has any experience with these I would be interested to hear..

308 BCG Bolt Carrier Group NiB/QPQ Bolt 308 (8bNQ)

Auction # 446001654

That is the listing, sorry couldn't get a better link, the seller goes by the name "wizard" and has good reviews.... Thanks for all the help!!

• 7 years later...