• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

picked this up for 200 bucks..

Cali_Ed

Hello guys, after some advice from Mr 98, I picked this up for 200 bucks. Essentially a lee 50th classic reloading kit with some extras here's a picture hopefully I got a good buy and now I'm on my way into a further addiction20141010_184348_zps37d9dca9.jpg

Guy even gave me some 308 brass,30 06 brass and a 556

Edited by Cali_Ed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like you got a great deal! And, there's nothing wrong with starting with a single stage press to learn your way around reloading. I suspect that most of us started on a single stage press. Fair warning though, reloading is like owning AR rifles, you WILL want to move up. It's a sickness! <thumbsup>

Just pick up a cheap plastic collander at the dollar store and dump the brass from the tumbler into it with it sitting on a 5 gal. bucket. Shake the collander a little and there you go! I did it that way for years until I won a Midway brass separator at a USPSA match. Yeah, I can be cheap sometimes. <lmao>

Just pick up a cheap plastic collander at the dollar store and dump the brass from the tumbler into it with it sitting on a 5 gal. bucket. Shake the collander a little and there you go! I did it that way for years until I won a Midway brass separator at a USPSA match. Yeah, I can be cheap sometimes. <lmao>

There you go wining sh!t again

just pick up a kitty litter scoop the ones with the slits in them and scoop out your brass with it is works awesome and all the media stays in the viabrator, tumbler, etc... by the way you made a great deal..... the case trimmer is your new best friend...

I wanna trust the cutter but I always end up measuring every case.

That's a good practice to have, and something you need to do anyway.  Stick with that.  <thumbsup>

With a digital vernier caliper, it takes no time at all. 

Edited by 98Z5V

So u have a lyman caliper and the box says it's accurate to the nearest .001 my new lee she'll cutter was doing fine for a while now it's cutting 2.004, 2.003 is that still ok? According to saami specs max trim length is 2.015. And from what I read the usual minimum is 2.05 just a little frustrated lol

Gave it a few more tries and now it's timing at 2.000

Well I think I figured out the problem from reading another post else where. I applied to much pressure and it weird the part out prematurely is all I can think of

Edited by Cali_Ed