• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Losok AR .308 barrel??

Prozza

Hello. I am new to the forum and wanted to say hello.And have a question....

I had a Matrix Aerospace 762 built for me and i tried to research some of the parts used. I found alot of info on the matrix receiver set but I am coming up with nothing on the barrel. It is a Losok 7.62 1/10 twist. Does anyone have info on them?

Thanks

Edited by Prozza

There seems to be a lot of talk on other forums about that project, and it seems like a lot of it is positive. I would bet that barrel is decent, but hey...shoot the piss out of it and tell us how it does.

Ever think of shooting Mark the owner an email?

Ya am going to try and contact them.

And i ran 100 rounds through it today at the range and it seemed to do well. I was sighting in my scope but once i was dialed in i was shooting 1moa at 100 yards with cheap mke 7.62 ammo from wally world. The groups that were more than that were all me. Not bad for the first day out. Took a while because i was cleaning the barrel every 6 shots. Between cleaning and dialing in the scope at 25yrds,50yrds, and finally 100yrds it was a long day

• 6 months later...

Fear not I am still around...lol. As for the barrel? Worked out pretty good. At first I was discouraged with the accuracy but it turned out to be a decent barrel. I had an issue withe scope I had so I switched to a Falcon Menace 5.5-25 FFP and my doubt in the barrel was eased. I did change a few things with the gun also like the stock....I went from a ctr to a luth ar. Which I installed a rail to so I can mount an accushot mono pod to. That change alone helped a lot in the accuracy for me. I will attached a photo of my best 100 yes group and a pic of my current set up.

post-15214-0-96215700-1430274540_thumb.j

post-15214-0-48178600-1430275143_thumb.j

still a work in progress... I emailed Luther AR and asked for them if they had any plans to do A rail on that stock and they really didn't have any plans to so I did it myself For about $8 and 10 minutes of my time. I sent him pics of it so let's see what happens... I will try to post a close up of the rail as I think it works well with that stock..

here is a copy of the E-mail I sent to Randy Luth. And some close ups....

Good morning Randy,

I communicated with you a couple of weeks ago about the new MBA stock and the need for a rail on the bottom. I am trying this (see pictures) so I can mount my Accushot mono pod. We'll see how it holds up to the recoil of my 308. It would be great to see the MBA come drilled and tapped or have a threaded insert to mount a rail. Hopefully soon. Will let you know how it holds up after a few rounds through it.

Thanks for creating this awesome stock. Total upgrade from the CTR I had on it.

Take care,

Paul

post-15214-0-89863700-1430279875_thumb.j

post-15214-0-51380000-1430280080_thumb.j